Audiclean Ear Cleansing Wash

Audiclean Ear Cleansing Wash

A gentle and effective way to safely clean the ears. When used 2-3 times a week, audiclean helps prevent a build up of wax.

Review of "Audiclean Ear Cleansing Wash"

published 01/04/2010 | sweetdaisy
Member since : 25/09/2006
Thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. Trying to get over 100 rates per review xx
Pro an ear cleansing wash, removes built up ear wax
Cons nozzle is uncomfortable, solution comes out too quickly
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Wax In, Wax Out"

It's a fact of nature. Ears are meant to produce ear wax; it's their way of making sure that the inner ear is kept clean. A build up of wax can lead to problems, including build-up and difficulty hearing. But, there are loads of people who are obsessed about the cleanliness of their ears (me being one of them). Yes, we know you shouldn't stick cotton buds in them, so the choices you have are: clean the outer ear with a flannel (which is recommended by GP's), get your ears syringed, use Hopi Ear Candles or buy one of the many 'ear cleaning' products such as Otrex etc.

Whilst in my local Co-op Chemist I saw Audiclean on the shelf. I had not seen or heard of this product before and was intrigued, so I bought it and is cost me £5.86. Audiclean comes in a White and Orange box and comes in a 60ml dispenser. The box contains: Audiclean, an ear nozzle and instructions.

Audiclean is a cleansing ear wash which is a gentle and effective way to safely clean your ears. When used 2 to 3 times a week, Audiclean helps prevent wax build up and leaves ears feeling clear and fresh. Audiclean state that you will need to allow at least 10 days of regular use to adapt to the refreshing experience of Audiclean giving your ears a new feeling of cleanliness.

Audiclean works with the ear by gently washing away dirt and excess wax instead of pushing it further into the ear canal. Audiclean is created from seawater from the crystal clear waters off St. Malo on the West coast of France. It has been manufactured using a patented and unique technology developed by world-leading marine biotechnology specialists 'Goemar'. It's also reassuring to know that Audiclean has been tested and recommended by Ear, Nose and Throat specialists.

The advantages of using Audiclean are that is it quick and easy to use in or out of the shower or bath, (it's best to be in a seated position), it's natural, chemical-free and has a sterile formula. It is safe for the entire family (ages 6 months and above). Only I use this in my household and even though my Son is 19 months old it is not a product that I would use on him.

The solution is clear, has no smell and has the same consistency as water. I was slightly expecting it to be thicker like olive oil. If you do happen to spill some on your clothes it washes out easily and doesn't stain.

There are 3 easy steps to gently cleanse the ears using Audiclean:

1. Attach the nozzle to the dispenser then insert nozzle into ear; keep head upright. The nozzle doesn't quite sit comfortably in the ear and feels unnatural if you press it into the ear, so I don't push it in far in case it causes some damage (after all we are recommended not to stick anything on our ears!).

2. Depress the nozzle for one second; leave the solution in ear for 10 seconds - I always put a flannel under my ear when using Audiclean as the solution always drips out. If you press the nozzle for longer than one second and the solution will run down the side of your neck!

3. Gently tilt head to drain and dry with a clean towel. When draining your ear don't expect to see anything at all, other than the clear solution. You will get a muffled hearing for a couple of minutes, but hearing is restored quickly.

Repeat process on the other ear and rinse nozzle with hot water after each use.

It's important to point out that you mustn't use Audiclean if you have: ear pain, ear infection, swimmer's ear, eardrum perforation, balance disorder or have anything stick on your ear. If you have problems with your ears and produce excessive amount of wax, you need to see your GP.

After using for 10 days, I have noticed a difference. My ears feel a lot cleaner and they seem to produce less wax. I can't say that my hearing has improved as a result of using Audiclean as I don't feel that there is a problem with my hearing. I now only feel the need to use Audiclean once or twice a month as a 'top-up'. I don't know where the build of wax has gone, as the solution doesn't expel the wax as it drains out of the ear, so I assume it must have broken up the wax into small particles.

The only disadvantages are that the nozzle doesn't sit comfortably in the ear. This is probably why the solution often drips down the side of my neck. I always hold a flannel under my ears to soak up the solution as it feels unnatural to insert the nozzle deeper into my ear. I tried this and it was slightly painful. For these reasons, I give Audiclean 4 stars out of 5. I think it is a good ear cleansing product and though it has been endorsed by Ear, Nose and Throat specialist I will not be using it to clean my little Boy's ears.

For further information, please visit: www.audiclean.co.uk

Thanks for reading xx