Australian Bodycare Foot Treatment Cream

Review of "Australian Bodycare Foot Treatment Cream"

published 25/05/2016 | Chippytarka
Member since : 04/06/2013
I've been so busy recently I didn't fully understand the changes that were going on with this site. I've thoroughly enjoyed it on here and the place has helpedcme so much with my writing skills. Time to say goodbye.......
Pro Easy to use, soaks into feet very well, keeps feet moisturised
Cons The smell won't appeal to everyone, comes across more as a foot lotion rather than treatment

"Hardworking Foot Treatment But Not Amazing!"

Australian Bodycare Foot Treatment Cream

I'm still not too sure what happened to our glimpse of Summer, in fact not too sure what happened to Spring! But what I do know is I've been reaching for face and body products that have been nicely tucked up in a drawer not ready for use before but are calling me now. Sun, warmer temperatures, a little more exposed skin, all seem to point to the direction of my skincare routine having to be tweeked and changed slightly. This product is one that has been used recently. I originally got this free from beauty trade show, but various sizes of this can be purchased from QVC in different kit forms or for the 100ml (which is what I own) can be bought from Amazon for £10.99.

Why did I use this?

Athough this was a freebie, I have actually used this brand before quite a few years ago. As usual, I discovered them through QVC and sampled some products through them, which I enjoyed. But the reason I got this out was because my feet have been stuck in boots for months and months, and with the possibility of sandal season coming up I knew they needed to get in shape for it. As someone who is trained in pedicures, I do have a lot of different professional only products to hand that I own and can use to provide the whole luxury experience. But what I wanted for myself though was something hard working, easy to use and quick to use...which I suspected this product to be!

What is this?

The brand of Australian Bodycare have prided itself on creating a range that contains the essential oil of tea tree. The variety of products within this brand have changed so much over the years and grown, but they all share specific benefits regardless of what they and what they are supposed to do. Designed to be gentle to the skin, most can be used on a daily basis and also known not to strip the skin of it's natural moisture. This product in particular though is designed to give dry, possibly cracked feet a massive hit of moisture and provide relief to the area also. Improve the look and feel to the skin by helping them become soft and supple, and like the rest of the range thanks to the tea tree element, helps to restore the natural pH balance of the skin, provide a basic antibacterial effect and also helps to keep feet smelling fresher and cleaner.

Packaging

This product comes in a plastic tube with a screw top lid to dispense treatment. Mint/blue/green in colour, with brand and product name clearly shown on the front, with the mention of tea tree as well. Very brief few words saying what this does to the feet can be found as well.

On the back it mentions the benefits of the the whole range, what this product is, how to use, ingredient list, product size, company contact details and shelf life once opened which is 12 months.

Ingredients

Aqua, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tribehenin PEG-20 Esters, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Catearyl Alcohol, Isostearyl Isostearate, Hydro generated Vegetable Glycerides, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (1%), Hamamelis Virginians Water, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Soidium Caproyl/Lauroyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross polymer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol Triethanolamine, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Dehyroacetic Triethanolamine, Sodium Benzoate Sodium Citrate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool.

How to use?

Massage a decent amount of product onto the feet, paying attention to the areas that may need it most, such as cracked heels. Can be used as a night time treatment if a thick layer is placed on the feet and then cotton socks worn on top.

How do I use?

Normally once out of the shower, I rub into my feet a good blob of product. Very simple and uncomplicated routine I'm afraid! Nothing special!

What do I think?

Hard to mention what I think about price as I could go to a trade show and pick this up very reasonably. If not I would opt to buy this product along with others from QVC in a set, as I know they offer great value on the whole. £10-11 for this alone I think doesn't represent the best value, but I've seen foot products costing more so comparable. Problem is there are foot products that cost less so debatable when it comes to is this a fair price or not.

I remember the packaging previous to this years ago which was a burnt brown/red colour, and had a warmth to it and was quite striking which I liked. This particular image now is totally different and to be honest, does look a lot more cleaner, simple and professional in style. Its important to note that although the range isn't available everywhere and available to the general public, it's also sold to trade and used by professionals, so does need to appeal to both markets. To a professional this would work because of its simple and quite neutral colouring and it looks hardworking, for the consumer it's not very pretty or striking. The ethos of the brand is about products that are hard working, problem solving, which the packaging reflects. It's not geared towards the luxury market. I think the packaging is unisex so would equally appeal to men and woman, plus it doesn't grab onto a specific age range so could be used by any. It's obvious they don't waste money on how the products are packaged which hopefully is a good sign they spend the money on the product itself. Very easy to dispense product, no issues.

Colour of product is white and has a similar consistency to a lotion but just a touch thicker as it holds it's shape a little when its squeezed out of the tube. It rubs into the feet very easily and doesn't require much product either. Personally I use a 50p coin size blob for both feet and that's enough to cover them and to cover my hands as there tends to be some excess left over and I hate waste once a product comes out of its packaging. It glides over the skin, sinks in very quickly and although you can massage it in, for me it sinks in too quickly to provide a proper massage treatment so not needed.

This scent of this screams tea tree to me. Its very specific, clean, has an almost menthol scent to it and although is strong isn't overpowering. Very much has an antiseptic fragrance to it. It is one of those scents that people will mostly either not like or like, with a few not too bothered. Personally I love the tea tree smell. Its basic, smells like its going to work hard, and I like the fact is doesn't smell of fruit, flowers or anything like that. I don't need it to be perfume like, I want it to keep my feet smelling fresh and clean so nothing more or less. You can smell this when you remove the lid. As you place it in your hands and rub them together, and then place on the feet, the scent is stronger but not heady. The scent as you can imagine doesn't stay this strong all day especially if feet are in and out of shoes. I find the scent takes longer to disappear if I use this product while staying at home with nothing on my feet.

Feet look more hydrated when the product is applied. My feet naturally can be quite dry and dull in tone as I am very much a walker, and constantly wearing boots or flat shoes. This gives my feet a light sheen, so it looks like there is a product on it, but doesn't look very greasy just has a slight shine to them. They look healthier and feel smoother. They seem to help the rougher and tougher areas of the feet quite abit, but would definitely recommend everyday use to keep them in the best shape. Would I say the look and feel last all day? We'll they look better with rather than without product but if using once in a while I wouldn't expect anything amazing.

I've used products before that are very thick and greasy and have made me slip and slide all over the house thanks to wooden effect flooring. I don't have this issue with this product, although I am careful. I also find I can put my feet into footwear straight away as they don't feel wet or caked in lotion.

Its hard to comment on whether this helps mask smelly feet or help on an antiseptic level. I don't suffer from smelly feet and I have no foot issues that require more than a bit of lotion, but I can't see this causing any harm. It's gentle on the skin, immediately does give the feet a fresh scent and make them feel and look better compared to without. For some reason you do assume it will be cooling on the skin, just a touch, but no different to any other foot cream/lotion like product.

I can see this being a good product for men who like simpler routines and products but hard working. Also those people who are into sport such as running, so their feet go through a lot and more inclined to be stuck in footwear that don't allow feet to breathe and may get smelly and dry more so than others.

Negatives?

Regardless of the name of this I wouldn't classify this as treatment and more just a foot cream or lotion. For it to be a treatment I would be more inclined to see this being thicker in regards to consistency. This product does the job but it doesn't blow me away as a treatment and other foot lotions I've used in the past have done the same thing. I would like this to be more moisturising and have something in it ingredient wise like coconut oil, Shea or cocoa butter to give that added hit of hydration and treatment element.

Despite the smell, this only contains 1% the tree oil. There maybe a scientific reason for this but it does seem quite low. I can imagine this will have an affect on feet odour somewhat but antiseptic wise I doubt it.

Important point

Feet do go through a lot, and for any product to be effective it needs to go on clean, dry skin. Feet, especially heel and the ball of the foot where they suffer the most, need to have dead, dry skin removed. Simple foot file can be uses to remove when it appears every so often, a foot scrub for weekly or fortnightly use. It just means tht the foot treatment isn't sat on hard dry skin so sitting on top of that, rather than softer and newer skin. Although I am rubbish myself, another point to make is use this if possible at least once a day, so maybe after bathing. That way any moisture that the feet are loosing is being put straight back in and the condition of the feet is being maintained and improved.

Would I buy this?

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this but happy to use and would be happy to get and use this within a good value kit. It does what it says on the packaging, easy and pleasant to use and makes feet look better. But it's not what I would think a treatment would be, could be cheaper in price and no doubt cheaper products out there would work just as good.

• IzzyS published 18/09/2017
    Detailed review.
  • euphie published 12/06/2016
    I'm on a massive catch up so apologies for lack of e
  • danielclark691 published 09/06/2016
    very well reviewed

offers "Australian Bodycare Foot Treatment Cream"