Avent Airflex Feeding Bottle

Avent Airflex Feeding Bottle

Review of "Avent Airflex Feeding Bottle"

published 25/04/2009 | IckleMe
Member since : 21/04/2009
Pro easy to clean.
Cons Leaking issues if not put together correctly.
Capacity
Ease of cleaning
Wear & Tear
Dishwasher proof

"Avent Bottles, Brilliant once you know how to put them together"

The Avent Airflex bottles come in two sizes 4oz and 9oz. When I started to bottle feed my daughter I bought the 4oz bottles which just over a month later I regretted as my little girl was wanting more than 4oz a feed which meant that I had to buy 9oz bottles instead.

CLEANING
=========
The bottles come apart into 4 pieces, the bottle itself, the teet. the screw ring and the lid. The bottle is very easy to clean when using a bottle brush, if you dont have one then you will find it very hard to get your hand to the bottom of the bottle to wash it out properly. As for the teet, you need to make sure that you get inside the rim of it which I found is easier to do with a sponge rather than a brush but other than that the bottles are very quick and easy to wash.

LEAKING ISSUES
==============
When I first started to use these bottles I found that they would sometimes leak quite bady from under the screw ring. When I researched this I found that it was a common problem with the bottles, however I also found out that it was my own error that was causing them to leak. To prevent them from leaking when making the bottles up you need to ensure that any formula powder that may fall onto the rim of the bottle needs to be wiped away before you put the screw top on. Also when putting the screw top on ensure that you screw in an anti-clockwise direction first until it clicks into place then screw it on clockwise to tighten it. Once I followed this method I have never had a bottle leak since.

WEAR AND TEAR
==============
I have been using these bottles for about 13 months now and other than some of the markings on the side of the bottle fading off and a few scratches on the bottle they are in very good condition still.

AIRFLEX SYSTEM
==============
The airflex system is meant to reduce colic by letting air into the bottle whilst baby is sucking on it. The packaging says that you can hear it working and you actually can. My daughter never had colic, whether this is due to the use of these bottles I will never know.

VALUE FOR MONEY
================
I personally think that the 9oz bottles were good value for money. They have lasted me for nearly a year now without any problems (other than the leaking that was resolved) and my daughter seems quite happy with them too. However in my opinion the 4oz bottles are not good value for money as I had to replace them with the larger bottles after about a month of use.

CONCLUSION
============
I personally really like these bottles, I have never considered looking for another type as I have never found a reason to. I would only recommend the 9oz bottles though as in my opinion I think that the 4oz bottles are a waste of money as I hardly got any use out of them before I was needing to replace them all with the larger one. The only drawback I had was the leaking issue which I managed to resolve and is no longer an issue. However I did have to find a solution myself as there was nothing in the documentation with the bottles about them leaking. For this reason I have given an overall rating of 4 stars rather than 5 stars.

• brittle1906 published 25/04/2009
    Good review. When I looked after my grand daughter last year (while her Mum was in hospital) I used these for the first time, found them very good and easy to use once the leaking issue was resolved!!
  • tractor-boy published 25/04/2009
    Sounds like it does the job well

Product Information : Avent Airflex Feeding Bottle

The Airflex Feeding Bottle has a built-in Airflex valve that works with your baby's natural feeding rhythm to promote healthy, active feeding. Features: Baby naturally controls milk flow: Your baby controls milk flow more like breastfeeding, which can help reduce overeating and spit-up. Supports breastfeeding: Naturally shaped teat promotes proper latch-on and makes it easier to combine breast and bottle. Clinically proven to reduce colic: A clinical study demonstrated that at two weeks of age, babies fed with the AVENT Bottle experienced less colic than babies fed with a conventional bottle. Simple to assemble and ultra hygienic: Because the Airflex valve is built into the teat, there are less parts for you to assemble and clean, making the AVENT Airflex Feeding Bottle ultra hygienic and simple to use. All sizes available in twin and triple packs.

Brand Manufacturer: Avent Ltd