Avent Breast Milk/Babyfood Containers

Avent Breast Milk/Babyfood Containers

Feeding Accessory

Review of "Avent Breast Milk/Babyfood Containers"

published 08/10/2002 | Bryn_Pearson
Ease of cleaning
Wear & Tear
Dishwasher proof

"Very useful kit."

When I first bought the Avent bottles, I had no idea how useful they would turn out to be.

I bought Avent Bottles because I needed bottles that could be used with the Avent pump I had been recomended. I did get two bottles with the pump, but these clearly weren't going to be enough.

The bottles I bought have a 4 fluid ounce (125 ml)capacity, but you can buy larger ones (260 ml.) I ordered a box of four from Mothercare, but they no longer seem to be carrying them (so I can't check the current price for you - sorry.)However, the same bottles are available in the Avent newborn starter kit which Mothercare are currently offering - 2 260ml bottles, 2 125 ml bottles and some other useful things, £14, which isn't bad.

The set I bought needed teats bought seperatly - check when you buy. You can buy quite a range of teats, make sure you get a size that fits with the bottles as they do vary. You can get different types of flow - fast, slow, variable. I don't recomend the slow ones.

Back to the bottles. They are sturdy and made of thick plastic. They clean very easily, you can use them with the avent breast pump. They come with flat lids for storage, said lids have a bit you can pop out if you need to use a teat. As well as being suitable for feeding, they are ideal for storing milk - especially useful if you are expressing. More than that though, they are suitable for storing baby food, which is very handy if you are going to prepair your own.

I have had a few other bottles, and these are by far the best. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

• danniell published 06/07/2009
    the item being reviewed is a bottle not the storage containers as specified in the title
  • Katie-Jane published 09/10/2002
    I had the Avent range of bottles and am now on the beaker which also interchanges with the bottles. I've found the range brilliant and good value. KJ
  • MRS.CANADA published 08/10/2002
    I'm long past the time I need baby bottles and so are my Children. It was interesting to read about what's new as these are quite different than what I used. Lyla