Avon Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant

Avon Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant

Cleanser / Exfoliator - Exfoliant

Review of "Avon Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant"

published 30/03/2005 | redballoon
Member since : 27/02/2004
Pro Makes sin super soft and squeeky clean
Cons Feels like your rubbing sand on your skin
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Micro scrubbers."

Avon's new line of skin care products is called “ Clinical” and is fantastic at solving an array of skin conditions.

Avon has built it's reputation up and they now have the image of selling top quality salon clinical treatments the sort that you would pay hundreds of pounds for at the beauty salon, but with Avon's new range you can have the treatments at the fraction of the price.

Micro defoliant is a beauty treatment, which finely polishes the skin. If you have it done at a beauty salon they use a special machine and they put invisible micro crystals onto your skin. These stimulate the blood flow to your skin, removing all the dead skin cells, revealing the new skin underneath.

I was really eager to try the new Avon Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant product after seeing it in their online store.

I had read about micro exfoliation in magazines and as my skin is not in the best of conditions I seriously wanted to have this treatment done at my local salon, but after having a free consultation with them, the price really put me off, £250.00 for the full face! I really couldn't afford it, and so went home and sulked, but as soon as I saw this home treatment I didn't think twice about purchasing it at £12.00 a tube.

The micro Exfoliant product comes under the category "treatments" in their brochure and that immediately brings the idea of a home treatment, something that will really work. Avon recommends people over the age of 30 to use this product, but I am 24 and I am using it and have no major problems with it. I think the main reason for their age suggestion is that it removes a layer of skin and so can leave you more susceptible to the sun's damaging rays. I think young skin should avoid the product, as it's quite harsh.

Avon's statement about the micro Exfoliant says "Reveals dramatically younger looking skin. Clarity & Radiance. Helps repair fine lines. Use 2-3 times a week"

It's priced at £12.00, which I think is a reasonable price to pay for a face scrub with a treatment built in it.

To use the micro Exfoliant, simply apply on to wet clean skin and massage in for about 5 minutes avoiding the eye and mouth area and rinse off.

As you are applying it, it feels very grainy, but small grains almost like rubbing sand on to your skin, although it doesn't scratch at your skin. The small "grit" particles are mixed with a white lotion, which smells pleasant. It doesn't make your skin look red or sore, but it does make it tingle slightly.

The product lifts up the dead skin cells, making the underneath visible. When I first used it, my skin looked instantly cleaner and felt very soft. I have stuck to using it three times per week, as it is a harsh product to be using on your skin. I would describe this product as an intense exfoliator. I am unsure if this product is suitable for sensitive skins.

After using the product for over six weeks, my skin does look noticeably better in the condition and appearance. I have noticed that the amounts of blocked pores I get have now reduced.

I have been using this product with their chemical peel kit, but not using the two products at the same time (or on the same day) as both of the products are too harsh to use at the same time)

I would recommend people using this product if they want to boost the appearance of their skin, and to compliment Avon's range of skin care treatments.

I really good buy.

• fantasybeliever published 08/04/2005
    I like Clean & Clear's Exfoliating Daily face wash. I've been using it for over ten years ... and nothing has ever come close, although this does sound quite similar. Cheers. Christina ;-) x
  • MurkyDismal published 07/04/2005
    Im an avon rep and people keep saying how good this is. I will have to get round to trying it. Cat x
  • purplelynne published 04/04/2005
    I've seen this loads of times in the catalogue and have been tempted, but was unsure of what it actually was. Thanks for explaining things so clearly, I will definitely get some next time it is on offer. Lx