Baby Skin Washes & Bubble Baths

Review of "Avon Bathtime Body Paint"

published 05/07/2017 | Candyperfumegirl
Member since : 19/03/2014
Many thanks for all the reads & rates
Pro fun.
Cons Full price.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Painting in the bath"

Avon Bathtime Body Paint

Unfortunately, I no longer have an Avon rep as my friend who I used to order from decided to stop doing it when she had her third child last year. Its a shame really because I did really like Avon stuff, but I never really order enough to warrant getting an on line order delivered. However, I will often peruse my Mums catalogue when I go down to see her and inevitably end up adding a few items to her order, collecting and paying for them next time I see her. I do have some items with I regularly repurchase, especially stuff for the kids such as these Avon Bath time Body Paints which I am reviewing today.

Avon Bath time Body Paints Varieties

There are a total of three different body paints available:

* Bursting Berry

* Wacky Watermelon

* Playful Pear

What do they look like?

The Avon paints come presented in a 100 ml plastic bottle which looks much like a regular paint tube. Each 'flavour' is a different colour, for example Bursting Berry is blue and Wacky Watermelon is green, the top of each bottle is colour coded. The bottles are clear so the paint can clearly be seen inside and there is a sticker on the front which clearly shows the brand and product name along with a cartoon picture of fruit.

Plenty of information is given on the reverse including ingredients and warnings. All of which should be read thoroughly before use.
Our Experience

I have used these paints during my kids bath times for many years now, they seem like on of Avon's more popular items with great reviews on their website. My Avon rep friend told me that she received a lot of orders for these - particularly when they were on special offer.

I find these paints to be a unique item, its not something I have seen or heard of anywhere else, they certainly make a nice change from the usual bath crayons which are readily available everywhere.

To use the bath paints you need to twist the top to open up the dispenser, the paint can then be squeezed out of the top just like you would from a regular paint tube. The paint is dispensed in a long line. My 2 year old son cannot squeeze the container independently, so is unable to dispense the paint himself - which can be seen as both a good thing and a bad thing really. I can tell that he gets a little frustrated not being able to do this himself but then it saves him using too much, wasting the product and making a terrible mess! I tend to squeeze out some of the paint in a little dollop on the side of the bath, he is then able to stick his finger in it and then finger paint. At this point he likes just making a mess with the paints really, smearing it on the tiles and side of the bath, he is too small to actually draw anything yet. I have began to draw a few things for him though and talk to him about what I have drawn. I also like to write his name and tell him about the different letters I have used. These bath paints are also suitable for use on the body, but my son really takes a disliking to these on his skin, it doesn't seem to irritate his skin or anything he simply mustn't like the feel of it on his body or something.

My middle daughter is eight and so you would think she is a little old for these bath paints, however I have caught her using them on occasion - which is no big deal as long as she is having fun. She will paint some nice little pictures using her fingers and then wash them away with the bath water to start over again.

The paint itself feels sticky to the touch and it has a stringiness to it, the texture is hard to explain. It is easy to work with and the paint sticks to the bath during play. When wet it does go a little bubbly. Thankfully it is also easy to clean up, a simple wipe over with a cloth and a rinse is enough to remove it, it has never stained the tiles or bath nor has it discoloured the grouting.

Fragrance

Each of the three paints has a different fruity fragrance which match their names. They do have a nice fresh, cleaness to them and don't smell really artificial or chemical like.
Age recommendation

Avon recomment these paints for children over 3, but my son is 2 and I have no safety concerns about him using them. I supervise my son with these paints and obviostly never leave him alone in the bath anyways. These paints are perfect for toddlers and young infants.

If in doubt, follow the manufacturors advice.
Final thoughts

I would certainly recommend these Avon Bath Body Paints for fun in the bath, they make a great alternative to bath crayons. We also use them in the paddling pool during the summer. However, I think its a shame that there are only three colours available and of course they can only be purchased from an Avon rep or on the Avon website.

Price

Each bottle costs £2.50, which is a little pricy, but they are regularly part of an offer. I have picked them up on a 2 for £3.00 deal. The current offer is 4 for £5 (can mix and match with other items).

• IzzyS published 03/08/2017