Review of "Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Clay Mask"

published 09/06/2011 | LTS16
Member since : 28/12/2010
Pro visably reduces spots, redness, and makes complexion a lot more blanced.
Cons have to make sure to close the lid or product will be spoilt.
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Clearskin Clay Works!"

My mum bought me this from Avon as my skin is tempermental- sometimes it's clean and clear, and other times, it's spotty and oily.

Price
You can buy this either from an Avon catalogue from your local Avon representative, or buy online on the Avon website for £1.75 for 75ml.

Packaging
It's like a giant tooth paste tube. It's white and has the logo on the front with various pieces of information. The lid is a sort of hinge lid, than you pull open and it reveals a hole in which the product can be queezed out of. The bottle can sit upright and is more practical rather than pretty.

Product
The product is a very light green/ near white viscous, thick mask. It smells fresh and natural. It's nice but yet somehow, it smells slightly clinical. Its quite sticky, yet very smooth to touch when you rub it between your fingers.

Application
Simple apply a thin layer of the mask to the face, and allow it to dry for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and pat your face dry. On the tube it says use 2 - 3 times a week.

Results
After application, i found it quite hard to remove when rinsing. The majority of the mask would wash away, but there would be patches on my face where the mask just wouldn't come off, it wouldn't budge, and i had to scrub it really hard. Afterward though, my face was soft and smooth. I could noticably see a difference as my face looked alot more balanced tone wise, which i guess was down to the green-tone in the mask to balance out the red. Also it visably reduced the prominence and redness of my spots, and within a few days after using the mask they had completely gone.

Downfalls
If you dont close the lid properly, some of the mask will seep out and become dry and hardened, making it impossible to fully close the lid and therefore spoiling the rest of your product, so remember to slam over the lid when your finished applying.

Overall
I would definetely recommend! It's cheap, afforadable and works! I will certainly be purchsing it again!

• pink_champagne published 13/08/2011
    Sounds lovely, I used to use this range when I was younger x