Avon Detangling Spray

Avon Detangling Spray

Watermelon and kiwi fragrance.

Review of "Avon Detangling Spray"

published 28/02/2012 | xmum2fourx
Member since : 04/08/2007
....
Pro Works well
Cons Can wet hair
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?

"Helping make brush time easier "

My little girl is only 3 but her hair is fine yet lots of it meaning it tangles a lot and she hated having her hair brushed so when I came across this in the Avon catalogue I decided to give it a go.

The product

You get a 200ml spray top bottle of product that comes in the scent of watermelon and kiwi. It has a picture of a cute monkey on the front that appeals to little one straight away so when she saw the bottle she knew it was intended for her. To use it is simple you can apply to wet or dry hair by simply pressing down the spray top function and the product sprays out. Then brush through the hair and the product helps separate the hair making it easier to run a brush or a comb through.

The smell

This product has a really sweet smell too it as soon as you press down on the spray it becomes apparent and is really strong. Although it is watermelon and kiwi it the scent of this product it is melon that takes over for sure and this smell lingers in the hair for the whole day. It is not over bearing but strong enough to really be noticeable even after a hard day play from my little girl.

Application

Simply hold a little way away from your head and press down on the spray bottle releasing the product lightly over the whole of the hair. I do find a lot of the product comes out at a time and this can make the hair rather damp. The spray is not sticky and falls well all over the area it is aimed at without running or any mess at all. My daughter can actually use this spray herself but I like to do it for her otherwise she would sit all day spraying it around. The button is easy to press down on and a good size to get a good grip of the bottle.

The results

It definitely works when I add this product to her hair she tells me it is a magic potion as I can brush her hair without pulling and tugging which makes it so much easier. The product works well separating strands of hair and therefore making the hair glide apart rather than ripping apart so help keep it in better condition. I can style her hair easier too as it helps separate the hair but also pull it in the direction the brush is moving a lot easier.

With bigger knots there can still be a bit of tugging but nowhere near the amount that would be needed without this product added. With smaller knows the brush seems to glide through easily and this is where you can see the biggest results. It does not make the knots magically disappear but is a great aid in helping brush them out with ease.

It also works as a leave in conditioner leaving her hair soft and shiny and a lot more manageable whether it is up or down you can see the difference. There is no sticky residue left over and no grease just healthy looking hair which is great as other more expensive products I have used have left the hair looking tired and unloved while not being as effective.

Negatives

My only downside to this spray is I feel it could be a little lighter with the liquid that comes out as I find it actually wets the hair rather than just aid with the removal of tangles. This obviously is not too much of a problem but when your rushing in the morning t get ready and it is cold outside having to wait for the hair to dry can be a pain. Then again this is a great aid in styling my little girls hair so the negative is actually a positive too.

Summary

My daughter loves me using this as it makes her feel more grown up and she loves having her own spray she can put in her hair while I use my hair spray. I do have to say although aimed at children I have used this spray numerous times and it has helped remove knots from my thick wavy hair too so not just for children but useful for the whole family. It retails at around £3 and as it is a 200 ml bottle it lasts for a few months meaning it is priceless for the results it delivers I would recommend to anyone not matter what age.

• helen190390 published 28/02/2012
    may have to get some myself! :D
  • dynamicnurse published 28/02/2012
    Thanks for sharing a really well detailed review!