Avon Hand and Nail Cream

Avon Hand and Nail Cream

Hand Cream

Review of "Avon Hand and Nail Cream"

published 06/01/2001 | wulise
Member since : 11/07/2000
Well, I am feeling alot better now. I have been to Tenerife with Shane and now need some inspiration to write again. Any suggestions?
Pro Cheap and effective
Cons Pink and white packaging

"Hand Care Complex. Try a sample for free!"

Why not give yourself a treat for only a couple of pounds? I do frequently!

For many years I have been a great fan of Avon products and Avon has produced a cream, which is suitable for both hands and nails. It is called Hand Care Complex and helps to combat dryness even on sensitive skin. This pink and white, easy to squeeze tube comes in one size and contains 100ml of cream. The cream helps to reduce dryness, soothing the skin whilst strengthening the nails, helping to combat brittleness and aids in nail flexibility. It seems to leave an invisible film of moisture on the skin to guard hands against drying or chapping and cares for nails by making them more flexible thus less likely to chip, crack or break. I do find that I can wash my hands and they do remain lovely and soft.

With the central heating on in my home, I find my hands dry out and become rough very quickly. As a result, a tube of this cream is handy to have on my desk near the computer. It is not greasy and I can, therefore use my keyboard straight after application, as it is easily absorbed into the skin. Whilst applying the cream I massage my hands and nails. This helps to stimulate the circulation to the nail beds and helps to produce stronger nails. I am not sure how effective the cream is on the nails without this massage routine. I have noticed when I run out of this cream my nails do split and break more quickly as they become brittle.

This is a basic, unperfumed cream that provides simple skincare for today's busy life style. Their non-fuss formulas gives the cream flexibility and can therefore be used by both men and women alike, but do remember men not to use it in public as the pink may be a little embarrassing! When applied to the skin it is long-lasting too so a pea-sized blob will be enough to use on the skin effectively. A small amount goes a long way, whilst providing smooth skin and strong nails. A tube usually last 3-4 months. It is also lanolin free.

There are not many creams on the supermarket shelf, as cheap as this. I feel that it is great value for money and can be found in every Avon brochure due to its popularity or on website.

**Aroma**

This is a fragrance free hand cream, which is suitable for both men and women to use. Well I cannot smell anything really anyway.

**Cost**

The cost of this simple Hand Care Complex cream is reflected in its price, £2.50 for 100mls tube. It is one of Avon’s top selling products and has been for many years due to its value for money. It is cheap and very effective, doing what it professes.

**Design**

The packaging is a little girlie either with a plain pink and white tube with a simple rubbing hand design and a pink lid. Now, that is what I call simple and uncomplicated. I suppose this tube is elegant in a naïve, primitive way. It is my least favourite thing about this hand care product.

If after reading this opinion, you want to try this product but are still not sure about this skin care product, ask your local Avon representative for a free sample. They usually will be able to supply you with one. If you do Hand Care Complex cream and then find that you really do not like the texture, please bare in mind that Avon provide a full money back refund, even if you have already used some of the cream. I do think this cream is great value for money, but that is personal taste.

*Note*

If you use the website to order products there is a £2.95 delivery charge. Delivery by an Avon agent is FREE.

**For more information**

NN117 4AZ

Telephone number: 0845 345 8444

Website: www.avon.uk.com

• MissTopaz published 24/07/2004
    I never bother with hand cream...I should though! Claire x
  • luckyarchers published 16/06/2004
    A good review on a good value for money product. Even better value for money if bought on special offer, which it often is ;-)
  • debbie_marway published 16/06/2004
    i use this, but on my feet. Its great for hard skin. deb x