GraingerN 5

GraingerN

Member since:16.02.2001

Yeah... Sting it to me baby....

24.10.2001

Advantages:
Need only small amount per application, smells great, leaves hair soft and manageable

Disadvantages:
Most uncomfortable if comes into contact with eyes

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AliJayne
  2. KarenUK
  3. susanfoster

Here I was again, sat in the bath actually taking time to treat myself and have a long soak after a typical day spent running around after my daughter, looking after the house, feeding my addiction (on Ciao of course) and oh… yes, a confession… a little old-fashioned shopping too. Can you believe in this day and age that we internet junkies actually visit real high street stores?, the actual stress involved in par-taking in such an event for me is that I have to go through the painful process of logging off of AOL and hear Connie say ‘goodbye’ to me, nothing to do with finding a car park space or stressing in the queues lol!

Ahhh, after 5 minutes laid back in the hot and steamy bubble filled water I decided it was time to give my mop a good going over or pay the price in the morning when I won’t be able to do a damn thing with it and risk looking like a bag lady. Now this would normally be fine if… I wasn’t planning on leaving my PC… oops I mean home the next day and more importantly my fiancé hadn’t given me the money to have my hair done last Saturday (bless him).

So I reached out my hand and grabbed my new bottle of Avon Herbal Care Lavender & Honey shampoo and proceeded to rub in to my locks. After only a couple of rubs, I was rudely interrupted by a rather nasty stinging sensation in my right eye. So with a white lathered mass on my bonce and only my left eye to guide me I rummaged under the layer of bubbles in search of the flannel. After a couple of minutes nursing this eye to rinse out what was obviously a sneaky helping of Avon shampoo that had run down my face without my noticing, I was slowly beginning to regain my sight when <god damn it> it started to plague my left eye. By this time all enjoyment of having a so-called relaxing treat in the bath was fading fast and I was getting pretty peeved to say the least, as I had managed to use this shampoo a few times prior without getting it in my bloody eyes. So after unintentionally bathing my eyes instead of my hair lol, I gave another couple of rubs to my head and quickly rinsed it out for fear of it setting and losing my hair.

Now with two blood shot eyes and double vision I continued my bathing regime, with what I have to say was by now a half-hearted effort. I still used one of my many shower gels for an all-over scrub, gave my newly blemished face (caused by recent changes on Ciao) a quick helping of Avon’s facial scrub and shaved all areas as needed (which seemed like my entire body… would’ve been quicker to dunk myself into a bath full of Nair methinks) and after a quick swish about and a rinse I clambered out of the bath and into (the only consolation) one of my new fluffy towels that had been getting warmed up on the radiator :-)

Now I don’t know about you guys, but having already admitted that I’m an addict of Ciao, despite actually experiencing a few minor discomforts during this daily session of cleansing, my mind actually drifted onto Ciao whilst sat in the tub!! I suddenly became possessed and starting scanning my bathroom for products that I could write opinions on?!? Now of course, my main reason for exiting the bath so quickly was that of being hacked off experiencing something that I would often tell my daughter to ‘stop whinging about’, ‘it doesn’t hurt really darling <grimace>’ ‘the flannel will make it better’. But the other reason was yes, sad I know… to actually type this opinion for you guys to read before I forgot about the whole saga.

Anyway, enough of all that here comes the bit you, the consumer would like to know:

***THE BOTTLE***

The bottle is of standard design, no frills no pretty labels, just clear plastic with a green flip top lid. It has the description on the front and ingredients and contact details on the back.

***THE SHAMPOO***

The shampoo is purple and of quite runny texture and smells like a summer bouquet – very lavendery indeed.

***IN ACTION***

I have found that you only need to apply a small amount in order to achieve a fast and quality lather. It doesn’t immediately tangle your hair up, like some shampoo’s, therefore is very pleasant to use. It is easily rinsed but be warned will sting profusely if it gets into your eyes!

***PRICE***

Being that this is a new range from Avon I was lucky to purchase this 200ml bottle at an introductory price of 99p, whereas the normal RRP will be £2.19.

***OTHER PRODUCTS AVAILABLE***

You can also buy the accompanying Lavender & Honey conditioner which is recommended to compliment the shampoo (I can feel another op coming) and although I have yet to buy more from this scrummy range there are different fragrances available too.

***CONTACT DETAILS***

Avon Cosmetics, NN1 5PA, England
www.avon.co.uk

***DID ‘GRAINGERN’ LIKE IT?***

I have no hard feelings against this product causing ‘stingy eye syndrome’ as I know this is not unique to Avon shampoo’s but to all with the exception of those ‘no tears’ specially formulated for children.
In all I would say that this product is of high quality, as I have experienced with Avon on every purchase, and that from application through final rinse to clean, dry and soft manageable condition afterwards it is definitely one to consider if you fancy a treat at bath time (if you can keep your mind off of Ciao that is).

The only thing that I would say I’m not so keen on is the fact that the normal RRP is £2.19. I know I’m a sucker for special deals and introductory offers and yes, this product is good, but I feel a little unsure as to whether I would buy it at this price for the main reason that I don’t normally part with this much on shampoo products. But… with Avon having regular sales I doubt it will be too much longer before they please me with their 99p offer again anyway.

Oh and I might have got out of the bath with 2 blood shot eyes, hairy patches where I misjudged certain areas with my one eye (just call me Edward Scissor Hands lol) and dry patches on my already blemished face where I didn’t rinse my facial scrub off properly due to the rush, I achieved what I set out to do and bought this op to you… now I can rest for the night, knowing that when Connie says ‘goodbye’ it will only be 7 hours until she will welcome me back in the morning.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

littlepenguin 14.02.2002 15:43

Sounds like you got a good result, but i dont use stinging shampoos, a good detailed op.

Versatile 07.11.2001 15:16

A super op ~ Well written, well presented and an enjoyable read ~ Thanks Versatile :O)

Fairy_Kisses 25.10.2001 13:48

Thanks for that great op,lots of info and funny. I am one of Avons converted, I like a lot of their stuff. Julie