Avon Kids Detangling Spray

Avon Kids Detangling Spray

Baby Haircare Accessory

Review of "Avon Kids Detangling Spray"

published 10/03/2006 | bonsi6337
Member since : 02/10/2005
Pro Works like a dream
Cons None I can think of
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Ding dong its the avon lady calling!"

Avon is a widely known range of skincare and make up products that are widely available through a local representative or to purchase online (www.avon.uk.com). We've all heard the old saying "ding dong its the avon lady calling"!

Personally i prefer to buy from my local rep but thats because in my area we have difficulties receiving mail order products. When i have ordered online from avon, there has never been any problems with my order and they have all been despatched in good time and have arrived in pristine condition but this review isnt about that!

As well as the normal skincare, make-up and fragrances for adults, they also have a range of childrens bath products, aptly named Avon Kids. This review is for their Kids Detangling Spray. The vibrant red bottle (with the smily face) states "this no tears, leave-in formula instantly detangles hair leaving it shiny and manageable".

And it does the job admirably!

Well i first bought this almost three years ago for my oldest daughter as, although she has very fine hair, she has lots of it and it gets really tangled easily and i didnt like the fact that she was crying every time i tried to brush her hair. I noticed it in the Avon catalogue and thought i would give it a try as hairbrushing time was getting upsetting for both of us.

The bottle itself is a recyclable 200ml bottle in red with a yellow top and complete with a smiley face on the front (just to let you know its for kids!).

Ingredients -

Imidazolidinyl Urea
Behentrimonium Chloride
Trideceth-12
Cetrimonium Chloride

(Dont ask me what all of these are but thats whats in this bottle!)

The fragrance itself is Watermelon and Kiwi, which sounds like it smells, nice and fruity. It is just the right smell and not overpowering in the least. The spray is a pump action, which makes sure that you can spray the areas which require doing and you dont soak the hair too much.

And it certainly is "no tears"! When i use it on my daughter, the odd time it has got near her eyes by mistake there has been no irritation in anyway. Just to be on the safe side i have always wiped her face with a damp cloth but thats just me>

They say a little goes a long way and that is certainly the case with this spray. Because it is in a pump action bottle, you can limit the amount you spray on the hair, meaning you dont use the whole bottle in one go! I found when i first started using this product, a 200ml bottle would last about 3 months, but now that my daughter's hair is half way down her back now - a bottle lasts about 1 month to 6 weeks, depending on how tangled her hair gets. This to me is excellent value as a 200ml bottle costs on £2.50. It also works on adult hair too - trust me i've used in on myself at times!

This can be used on wet or dry hair, it doesnt matter. I personally use it on both, but more often its on dry hair that its used. Like i said, it sprays easily and doesn't go everywhere like some sprays do. Once in it is very easy to brush the tangles out of hair.

I find that if i brush my daughter's hair from the ends to the roots gradually it works much easier, although it does work the other way round, but then my daughter starts whinging so i do it from the ends to the roots - makes my life a little less stressful!

Hairbrush time in my family has been made so much easier since i bought this. My daughter is now happy to let me brush her hair and this has led to a much calmer child and a happier mum. Before it was war when the brush came out. It was a complete nightmare trying to brush her hair with her screaming and crying all the time. Now she sits beautifully and lets me brush her hair any time of day. As soon as she sees the bright red bottle she knows and sits down rather than running away like she used to.

I love the fragrance and the fact that when you spray dry hair with it, it makes the hair so easy to brush and style that i use it every time i brush her hair. Even though you are effectively wetting the childs hair, it dries in about 5 minutes, leaving the hair shiny and sweet smelling. Theres no residue and it doesn't make the hair greasy like some products do.

Personally i cannot rate this high enough to anyone with kids or long hair. It works wonders for me and i absolutely love it! This has made my life so much easier and more stress free. My daughter loves it as well because its easier to brush her hair. She calls it her magic hairspray!

I hope its magic for you too! (and thanks for reading!)

• snake_plissken published 12/06/2006
    Another great review :-)
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 13/03/2006
    I could of done with this for when my kids were little - lyn x
  • Bollinger28 published 12/03/2006
    Sounds good, Lexy PS Just so you know, Ciao don't like us to list product ingredients in our reviews.