Avon Kids Detangling Spray

Avon Kids Detangling Spray

Baby Haircare Accessory

Review of "Avon Kids Detangling Spray"

published 21/10/2011 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Thanks for my shiny new diamond.. ~ Dipping my toe back in.. ~
Pro Great product & good value..
Cons None for me..
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"An 'OUCH'less way to detangle hair..."

Any regular readers of my reviews will be aware by now that I work part time as an Avon representative, when my poor health allows. This means that I have great access to any new products and ranges that are available from Avon, as well as having access to many of the brilliant offers that are regularly provided by Avon.

Before I go any further in this review, let me explain about my hair. It is quite long - reaching past my shoulders at the moment - and is very thick. On top of this, I get it chemically treated at my local salon every month or so and therefore I find that I need to use good-quality products on my hair otherwise it ends up looking like rat's tails!

On top of this, my hair has always suffered from tangles and static, which of course the chemical treatments and all the hair dye doesn't help! I have tried several 'tangle free' products in the past with varying results.

It was actually one of my Avon customers who got me onto trying the Avon kid's 'Detangling Spray.' She had commented to me that she used it on all three of her daughters, but also used it herself from time to time. She informed me that not only did it help with combing her daughters' wet hair and removing tangles, but she felt it had a kind of conditioning quality to it, and she felt it improved the overall condition of her own hair.

This conversation did come flooding back to me as I scanned the pages of a recent Avon brochure and I spotted the Kids detangling spray on one of the pages. I immediately remembered about how impressed I had been with the comments made to me by my customer, and decided there and then to order one of the sprays to give it a try out for myself.

I was delighted to note that on this occasion the spray was being offered at half the usual price, and I would be able to give it a try for the sum of only £1.30. Given that the bottle is a generous size and comes in at 200ml, I felt that this offered excellent value for money.

I have been using the spray for well over two months now, and have just finished my bottle, which I think shows how economical the product is. I didn't expect the bottle to last as long as it has and I think that this reinforces the fact that the 200ml bottle offers brilliant value.

I will also point out that the bottle's packaging is very cute and is obviously aimed towards kids, with a cute looking monkey being on the product's label. The packaging has changed from the original design as shown on the Ciao product page, but it is still attractive nevertheless.

To use the product, I tend to spray it after I have washed and conditioned my hair. This is very easy to do as I find the chunky bottle is easy to grip, even with wet hands. The bottle has a spray nozzle design and this allows for a fine mist of the product to be sprayed onto the area sufficiently.

I then use my trusty Avon detangling comb to distribute the product through my hair evenly to the tips, and this is the crucial part of the process for me. Whilst combing wet hair used to be a painful and difficult exercise, I find that my comb actually seems to 'glide' through the lengths of my hair now, thanks to this brilliant little product.
I think it is important to note that I do find that my long hair has problems with attracting static at times, and this has improved - albeit only slightly - with the continued use of this product. I have not really changed any other aspect of my hair care routine recently so can only put it down to the use of this spray.

Furthermore, I find that the spray is very pleasant to use. It has a very refreshing, fruity aroma to it which can easily be detected when it is being applied, and for a short time afterwards. I don't find that the smell lasts on my hair for any significant amount of time but this is not a particular down-side to the product where I am concerned. The scent is probably removed from my hair because of the huge array of styling products that I tend to use on my hair too, so perhaps I am not the best person to judge this particular aspect of the product.

I did pop my spray into my bag when I went on holiday recently as I was keen to see if it could help sort out some of the problems I usually suffer with my 'holiday hair'. Things like the hot rays from the intense sunshine and the chlorine from the pool really play havoc with my hair and after washing (and conditioning) it at night time it is usually a bit of a tangled mess.

I found that the use of this spray on my hair really improved the overall condition of my hair and helped to eliminate some of those holiday tangles! This in turn, made it much easier for me to dry and straighten my hair and styling in general was much easier to achieve... I'll never go on holiday without this spray again, now that I know how much it helped me eliminate my hair problems!

Overall, for the reasons I have given above, I have come to the conclusion that this little spray on product makes life MUCH easier for me where my hair is concerned. I can only award it top marks and would recommend it for little girls with long hair too - after all it IS marketed for them - and please believe me when I say that tangled hair is very painful when brushed!!!! (Please be gentle, mummies!)

I cannot fault the product at all and I will continue to use it. It was highly recommended to me and for good reason! I am now duly converted...

The Avon Kid's detangling spray can be purchased in the usual way from your Avon representative, where the normal price (which is still really competitive, in my opinion) is £2.60 (as @ October 2011). Alternatively, if you do not have a local Avon rep, you can order online from www.avonshop.co.uk.

• Alyson29 published 21/10/2011
    This sounds good and well reviewed x
  • katykicker published 21/10/2011
    I wish my Mum had used something like this when I was a kid!
  • AnneLorraine1 published 21/10/2011
    sounds like a good product