Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum

Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum

A classic combination of sweet fruits, fragranced flowers and rich woods. Oriental, floral.

Review of "Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum"

published 09/08/2004 | MurkyDismal
Member since : 27/05/2002
How long does it take for a product request to go through now? I feel like I've been waiting for forever!
Pro Smells nice, lasts well, nice bottle, reasonable price
Cons None
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Little Glass Bottle"

Little Black Dress is one of Avon’s more expensive perfumes. It retails at £12 for a 50ml bottle of Eau de Parfum Spray. It’s described as Classic, sophisticated and luxurious in the brochure, and I’ve got to say I agree.

The perfume comes in a square glass bottle with a gold and black lid. It looks quite expensive and classy. The name is written across the front of the glass bottle in very simple plain black text.

Little Black Dress is one of Avon’s most recent additions to their perfume collection. When I first started out as an Avon Rep, I was very wary of the perfumes, I’d always thought of them as being more suitable for older people, and definitely not for me. I soon discovered a lot of the perfumes were really nice, the perfumes that Avon sell vary, there are perfumes for the mature lady, but they also sell perfume suitable for teenagers, and younger women. The best way to find out what you prefer without spending a fortune is to ask your Rep for a sample, they will either let you have a smell of their own demonstration bottle or give you a small vial to try yourself.

Little Black Dress is aimed at women who want a little sophistication added to their day. The idea is the same as that ‘little black dress’ you have in your wardrobe, that’s perfect for every occasion, goes with anything, and always looks great. Avon have come up with the same idea in the form of a perfume.

The perfume contains top notes of Honeysuckle, Apricot Blossom, Cyclamen and Ginger, it also contains notes of Peony, Gardenia, Moonflower, and Jasmine and Sandalwood, Cashmere, Musk and Milkwood Accord. The scent of musk is pretty noticeable, but its not unpleasant, and is very smooth and sweet.

I haven’t a clue what Milkwood Accord is, but it obviously mixes in with the other scents well!

The perfume last quite well, I apply it in the morning, and it’s still there at the end of the day, obviously if you want it more noticeable you will need to reapply it throughout the day. The perfume is quite light and very feminine, it’s subtle enough for during the day if you like it enough, but to be honest I prefer it more as an evening smell. It’s quite a classic sort of smell, and im sure it’ll last in the Avon brochure.

It’s great for a night out…..especially if you’re wearing your little black dress! It’s suitable for women of any age, im 19, and I love it, my mams 49, and I know she has a bottle too! So there’s not specific age…it’s great for everyone.

There are also matching product available, including, body spray and shower gel, keep an eye out in your Avon brochure for special offers on the range.

**For more information**

Website: www.avon.uk.com

Thanks for the Read

Cat

• Bouncebackability published 24/07/2005
    Good review, I like this perfume too it's really nice. Claire x x
  • patriciat published 11/08/2004
    Last time I bought any Avon perfume was centuries ago and I think it was called Topaz. Good that things have improved since then. Pat.t
  • Coriander published 10/08/2004
    It's strange but I can't wear any Avon products at all not their make-up or perfume. I enjoyed the review of the perfume though. Denise