sylvanian 5

sylvanian

Member since:20.08.2002

I've Got a Confession To Make

01.10.2002

Advantages:
It leaves the skin smooth and firm

Disadvantages:
feels very cold when applied

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?Yes

How easily is it absorbed?Very fast absorbed

Why did you buy it?Recommendation

Value for moneyExcellent

14 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. carol_uk
  2. joy9
  3. KarenUK
  1. Fishbulb
  2. CareBear
  3. magickat

I suffer from cellulite!!!
I know how it got there. Too much wine, chocolates, fizzy drinks and all the other things I crave and enjoy so much.

Cellulite is pockets of trapped fat (that sounds so disgusting) and it can be found on thin women and fat women and even pleasantly plump women (this is the category I fall into) but very rarely on men, it’s something to do with our hormones.

Its causes are lack of exercise, eating and drinking all the wrong things (alcohol, fatty food, crisps etc) and not drinking enough water,

There are various ways of getting rid of it

Body wraps******
I looked into their prices at my local health club after seeing Vanessa Feltz have one of these done on Richard And Judy. At £55 they were out of my price league

Surgery*****
Far too scary and even more expensive

Exercise*****
I have a cupboard full of fitness videos, yoga, aerobics salsa and dance so I am definitely going to make the effort this time.

Drinking more water*****
You should aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day 1.5 litres approx. I have started to do this and I am now getting plenty of exercise, without the use of the videos, by running up and down the stairs to the toilet all day.

Body brushing*****
All you need for this is a natural bristle brush. You start at your feet and use long strokes upwards towards the heart. I have the brush but usually can't be bothered to spend the time doing it. I think of my bathroom as Sanctuary, it's somewhere I can relax.

Avon cellulite gel*****
At last I have got to it.
I recently bought this gel from my local Avon rep. At the time it was on special offer with some other products and I bought all 4 for £10 (a bargain)
The cellulite gel, which comes in a large 200ml tube, promises to improve skin tone, firm the skin and improve the appearance of cellulite prone skin in JUST 4 WEEKS.
To use you just massage into cellulite prone areas, for me this is mainly the thigh area. It massages into the skin easily and you don’t need a large amount. It feels very cold and for at least 10 minutes after my legs feel freezing and slightly tingly but at least I feel like it is doing something.

The gel is a clear peachy colour and has a strange smell, not unpleasant just unusual, the tube says that it has multi fruit acids and natural botanicals so its probably the mix of plants and fruits that you can smell.
The list of ingredients is water, alcohol, perfume (these are the ones I recognised) and then a long list of Latin names for plants.

It has to be done daily, which I have been doing for a couple of weeks and there is a definite improvement. My skin does look better and feels much smoother (not ready for the swimsuit yet) but I’m getting there.
As with most things I start of with good intentions but I have stuck to this so far, not as much luck with the videos though.

carol_uk 12.12.2002 23:15

My mum purchased this product. It sounds too good to be true, I know, but my mum absolutley loves it, she said that even if it doesnt take away teh celulite, she would still use it because it makes your skin so so soft, she said she has used nothing like it before. Well done Avon! Carol x

joy9 30.10.2002 22:34

Excellent opinion. I was impressed with the sound of this product. I have recently bought a couple of Avon products and although I have only just started using them I too have noticed an improvement. Also you can buy them for a fraction of the price of the well known brands. luv joy9

MurkyDismal 09.10.2002 13:43

I'm an Avon Lady, and I got a tube of this. I like the tingly feeling it gives you, make you feel like it's actually working!