Review of "Avon Virtual Lift Instant Results Serum"

published 20/11/2004 | Louizalass
Member since : 09/09/2004
Ciao - is it so very hard to respond to emails? Requested payment in July but they said they didn't receive request. I sent them a screenprint as proof - now they don't respond! Pah!!
Pro None for the 'older woman'!
Cons Doesn't do what it supposed to!
How easily is it absorbed?

"LIFT? WHAT LIFT?!!"

OK - after reading some positive reviews on this product I immediately ordered what I hoped was going to be a miracle in a bottle! Hmm. Well, for £4 what did I expect?! Having lost a considerable amount of weight over the last 6 months, I noticed a few fine line at each side of my mouth - and of course there were the 'laughter' lines and those two lines above the bridge of my nose ...ugh! I come from a family of youthful-looking folk so was a little smug that I hadn't aged quite as much as some of my contemporaries. I am 55 .......I saw the words 'Virtual Lift' and thought I'd give this product a go, what had I got to lose? Well, £4 for a start!

The product is basically packaged, which is OK with me, non-glamorous looking packaging should keep the cost of the product down, right? And it's what's inside the bottle that matters.

So, I tried it. Not much at all in the way of instructions, by the way. If nothing else, I do like good instructions - as in exactly how to apply it, how long you should wait before applying make-up etc. If I hadn't read earlier reviews I wouldn't have known to wait a minute or two and not to move a muscle!

So I applied the serum exactly as directed. I used my normal moisturiser first (as the instructions say you can). I wandered about the bedroom for a couple of minutes then tentatively looked in the mirror. Would I see any signs of 'firming up' at all? Would I look 10 years younger? Five? Twelve months, even? Nope! Nothing! Not a day of a difference! My skin did feel smooth, but then I am an avid user of moisturiser and my skin always feels smooth, so no change there.

I was so disappointed! My skin was supposed to look and feel firmer. Still had the wee lines round the mouth, the tiny pouches hadn't shifted upwards, smoothed out or gone a.w.o.l. even temporarily.

I can only assume this product may have some benefits for younger women. Those who have a few fine lines and still have enough elasticity and muscle tone in their skin to be able to see some difference after using this product. There was a tiny, tiny feel of 'tightening' of the skin, but obviously not enough for this old hag!

Ah me! 'Tis back to looking for another miracle without the botox! - then there's always Sellotape strategically placed ....!

• Sgathach published 18/03/2006
    No hope for me then, I'm 39 and far more wrinkly that that. I need some serious face lifting. S
  • solamarie published 01/10/2005
    Or even plaster or paris of course, did it improve with time though? Some of them are meant to, but then some of them cost a lot more than £4 so maybe that is why, I am a L'Oreal woman myself, Sue
  • sylviesinc published 23/03/2005
    I haven't tried sellotape yet. Has it worked? This seems very disappointing. What a shame.