Avon representative

Review of "Avon representative"

published 21/05/2016 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
I'm sad to hear the latest announcement from Ciao. I'm going to miss a lot of people. =(
Pro Make friends, earn a bit of commission and works around your lifestyle.
Cons None.
Range of duties
Knowledge gained
Training
Responsibilities
Collegues

"Work when you like and meeting people"

Avon representative

I've been an Avon Representative about a year now. I did Avon years ago, but decided to take it up again. In those days you had t fill in paper forms to send the orders off, but nowadays, of course, it's all done online which makes life a whole lot easier.

Why I became an Avon Rep

The reason I became a rep was a few reasons really. I wanted something to fit around my lifestyle. I have a part-time job and a couple of voluntary jobs which keeps me busy, so wanted something that I could work around these jobs. I felt this would suit me as I could do Avon as and when I could. Also I thought I could earn myself a little bit of extra money in the process.

The other reason is because I thought I would get me out and about meeting people in my community. I have been living in my area for 20 years or so, so know quite a lot of people around here already, and thought this would be excellent to get to know more people around my vicinity.
Becoming an Avon Rep

You can apply to become an Avon Representative through the Avon website. There is a link at the top of the homepage, Become A Representative. By completing the online form, you submit this, and a Sales Leader for your area will get back to you in due course. When the Sales Leader phones you to make an appointment, she will come round to your home with a few books of the latest campaign, order forms, a booklet with all the information and will talk you through registering on the website and how to complete the orders. My Sales Leader also came round a second time when the order were due in, just to help me through the process of submitting the orders into the website for the first time. You also get a calling book so you can list all your clients and who you deliver books to. She'll also ask you if you want an area or just friends and family. I opted for the latter. She will also ask you who and where you will deliver the books to, so I made a list of places I would take books to.
Being an Avon Rep

The handy thing about being an Avon Rep is you can when whatever suits you. You can either have a set round which your sales leader will give you, or just friends, family, place of work etc. I chose the latter. So I take my Avon books to my voluntary jobs, my part-time job, Church and to friends and family in general. I get quite regular orders in from people, and there are a few people who do like certain products from Avon. When you get your orders in they are easy to submit onto the Avon website. The ordering process has changed slightly over the past few months. People are now able to order from your own personal online store which you can name whatever you want. If, for instance, you have friends and family that live in other parts of the Country, they are able to order from your online store and get whatever they order sent directly to their home address by courier service. This is a great new feature from Avon. And through your online store you can see any orders that people have placed online through your store. As well as any orders you get from the Avon books, the addition of online orders is a handy feature.

When the orders are sent through to Avon, they are delivered to your chosen address by courier the following week. My Avon orders normally arrive quite early, usually between 8am - 8:30am. So I have to make sure I'm up on in good time to get these. Depending on how many people have ordered from you all depends on how long it will take you to sort it all out. I've never had any problems collecting payment from people. When paying Avon my balance, I normally pay through the Avon website by debit card. You can put any links you use most often into your 'favourites', so I have put the payment open into the favourites so I can easily click it.

Another idea which you might want to consider is starting up a Facebook page. I have a Facebook page for my Avon cosmetics which I my Facebook friends can like. I have a direct link on there to my Avon store which people can easily click on to shop online, and you can post when the latest campaign book is out, and any special offers on, which is what I normally do. This is an easy way to keep friends and family up-to-date with all the latest deals, offers and news etc.

The Earnings

So, how much can you earn doing Avon? Well, Avon works on a commission basis. If you reach a total of £87 in orders you will earn 20% commission. And if your orders are £160 and over you will earn 25% commission. Sometimes, just after Christmas when the submitting of orders is less time, you can earn commission on a lesser rate, but if you have people that like to place large orders now and again, this can usually be an easy target to meet £87.
My Thoughts

I personally enjoy doing Avon. It gets me out and about meeting and talking to people. I also have acquired quite a lot of Avon stuff for myself which I like. This is ideal if you want to fit a job around your lifestyle as you can do it as and when you want, and meet people at the same time. With the age of the Internet, Facebook and Twitter etc, it is easy to advertise your online store and possibly get more customers in the process!

• IzzyS published 19/08/2017