Avondale Argente 640/6

Avondale Argente 640/6

Caravan - 6 Berths - Twin

Review of "Avondale Argente 640/6"

published 25/04/2007 | lenni36
Member since : 22/08/2003
Pro Bunk space
Cons None
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"Dream to tow"

I purchased my Avondale Argente in May 06 after seeing one at the caravan show. This is my third caravan and is by far the best one I have owned. The twin axle makes it a dream to tow with hardly any movement over bumps, almost not knowing you are towing a caravan. The thing that made me buy this model over lots of others that I had looked at while been at the show was the huge bathroom with shower cubicle. No more swiveling the toilet round, what a luxury! The shower is wonderful, there is plenty of room and it has shelving for your shampoo, shower gel etc. The main feature on this caravan that I must tell you about is the bunk space. On previous caravans I have owned the bunk space was not evenly spaced out so the bottom bunk had more head room than the top making it difficult for anyone to move on the upper bunk. The bunks in the Argente are spaced evenly and what a difference, this is the only manufacturer that has done this to my knowledge as I found it to be a problem on my last van so therefore replaced it with the Argente. This is certainly something you should look at when buying a caravan as I didnt notice this problem untill I came to use the bunks. I have had at least 10 holidays in this caravan since May 06 and I plan to keep this for a long time as I have not seen anything better. The people on the Avondale stand at the caravan show told me they were unable to sell their top of the range Land Ranger as the Argente had so much for the money. After owning this caravan for nearly a year I cant say I have found any niggles with it. I would whole heartedly recommend this caravan.

• kineticspade published 25/04/2007