pink_cham... 3

pink_champagne

About me: Why don't photos seem to show up on my reviews any more?

Member since:08.06.2003

Simply Average

13.06.2012

Advantages:
creamy, feels nice on the skin

Disadvantages:
doesn't smell much of coconut, not widely available, very average

Recommendable No:

44 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. aclevername
  2. Coloneljohn
  3. StazKilly

I got a full sized bottle of this body wash in a beauty box a few months ago. I had not heard of this brand, however I looked forward to using it as I love the scent of coconut.

The body wash comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a pretty leaf design on the front. It looks quite modern and seems good quality, with the flip top cap being easy to open.

This particular product is not tested on animals, is paraben free and contains lots of lovely ingredients aimed at enhancing the skins natural beauty. As well as the coconut which they say will moisturise and protect the skin, the body wash also contains Indian Jasmine to calm the body and mind, and Aloe Vera to cool, soothe and calm.

The body wash is cream in colour (not yellow as depicted on their website) and is quite a thick consistency. I'd actually say to some extent it is a little like jelly. I have found this actually has a benefit (especially in the shower) as the product does not run off the hands between the fingers when you attempt to use it! Another thing I like about this body wash is that it feels very creamy as it lathers up, so it does feel quite luxurious to use. The lather it produces is thick, although more creamy than it is foaming. Even so, I find it makes an excellent product for shaving my legs!

I was surprised by the scent, as in my opinion it does not smell very coconutty for a product with the word coconut splashed on the front in big letters! The smell is pleasant but I think the jasmine is the overriding scent, whereas any coconut fragrance lingers gently in the background. As well as jasmine there is a fairly creamy scent to the body wash. On the whole I would describe it as being pleasant but not particularly special.

After using this my skin does feel quite nice. I would say it is mildly moisturising and it doesn't irritate my eczema. The scent lingers on my skin after use which is quite nice, I'd say it only lasts around an hour, but this makes it ideal for use before bed as the scent is quite comforting.

A 200ml bottle of this body wash retails at £4.95. It is available directly from the Ayuuri website - http://www.ayuuri.co.uk. I have never seen this product or brand in the shops and I can't find it being sold anywhere else online either.

To sum up, I thought this was a nice product, but there was nothing for me that made it stand out from any other body washes I have used. I also think the price tag is about double what I would ideally pay for it, as it is on par with the Imperial Leather and Radox type products you would typically find in the supermarket. I wouldn't rule out using it again, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to buy another bottle.

RICHADA 13.06.2012 19:14

You might not have heard of it....I couldn't even pronounce it if I asked for it in a shop! R.

VampirePrincessLizzy 13.06.2012 13:56

Neat review :o)

labellavita1992 13.06.2012 13:25

I also received this product - I think it was in one of my glossy boxes :) x