BBC1: Parkinson

BBC1: Parkinson

Review of "BBC1: Parkinson"

published 03/01/2001 | doctor_gonzo
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Satisfactory
Pro Occasionally he has good guests
Cons His patronage of the spice girls is rather embarrassing
How good is the content?
How good are the presenters?
How does it compare to similar programmes?
How do you rate the guests?
How do you rate the overall style and design?

"Overrated"

People's perception of "Parky" seems to be crippled by inertia, he may well have been a reasonable host. But it seems recently that sheer longevity in television guarantees you some kind of career rennaissance (who knows, perhaps Dennis Nordon will be next for this). As you may have guessed I'm not a fan of Parkinson, I find his interviewing style grossly sycophantic, he seems to faun of his guests and steers clear of asking difficult questions. It also seems that since his return to the chat show arena he doesn't have the same calibre of guests. Whereas previously he had Mohammad Ali now he has Dawn French and Martine McCutcheon.

• mascarasnake published 03/01/2001
    Short and to the point. As a bloke Parky is a gentleman, but I cannot watch the chat shows as I cringe all the time. Nothing wrong with Dawn French in my opinion. Slow down and expand your opinions more, see my other comment on Good Bad and Ugly.

Product Information : BBC1: Parkinson