BBC1 - Silent Witness

BBC1 - Silent Witness

Review of "BBC1 - Silent Witness"

published 09/04/2012 | ciaobella1234
Member since : 09/04/2012
Pro sexy characters, sinister plots
Cons always two-parters which drives me up the wall!
How does it compare to similar programmes?
How good is the story?
Is it dramatic?
How good are the characters?

"Its Back!"

A detective show with a twist.

I started watching the show last season and nearly died when i heard it was returning to BBC1! The only issue with the show is the constant two-part episodes... yes this builds tension and the complicated plots often require the 2 hours, however I am the least patient person to walk the earth and can't take the suspense!

An interesting slant in my opinion, is the involvement with the police/pathologists lives. i feel other programmes of this genre become to focused on the murderer and victims, but I like knowing who Harry and Leo have kissed, that Nicky's dad died and that the policeman is getting a divorce. This, I feel, adds more fluency as, although the crimes change it does have the feeling of a continuous series with subtle references to previous weeks etc.

Beware...

some of the storylines are intense and often gory so i wouldn't recommend this one for family night and I've had a few moments of paranoia that night, especially as the stories of the victims are so identifiable with- murdered by an ex, murdered after a fight with sister etc, things we've all experienced and it does make you think about how much you really know about a person.

This is one to watch if not for the drama (which is abundant), but because Harry is GORGEOUS!

• dynamicnurse published 09/04/2012