BBC Radio 4

Pro Much better than any TV soap
Cons Scriptwriters seriously deteriorating
Quality of reception
Quality of programming
How good are the presenters?
Quality of information
Range of programming

"Shoot the Archers scriptwriters"

I have been an Archers fan since 1972 when a broken leg and a broken TV started me off listening to Radio 4.

Over the years I have come to love the Grundy family, but I can only suppose that the latest generation of scriptwriters are determined to write them out of the programme.

Maybe the story of debt and losing their farm does reflect the sad fate of many of our farmers (brought about by a Government that prefers GM crops to supporting organic farming and the environment), but isn't it about time that their fortunes were reversed and at least they could find a parking place for their caravan, or the council could move them out of Meadow Rise.

The other storylines are better, particularly the Sid-Cathy-Jolene saga. I've been in the Jolene position, although I didn't end up with Sid's equivalent. It's all too true to life, I'm sorry to say, and if it continues that way, the serially-cheating Sid will find yet another amour and Jolene and Cathy will both end up with far better new partners than Sid.

offers "BBC Radio 4"

Product Information : BBC Radio 4

Listed on Ciao since: 14/06/2000

BBC Radio 4 - Review - Shoot the Archers scriptwriters

jennysue 5

jennysue

About me: I live in Langstone, which is between Havant,Hants & the bridge to Hayling Island. I'm divorced & would describe myself as an Internet entrepreneur.

Member since:26.07.2000

Shoot the Archers scriptwriters

31.08.2000

Advantages:
Much better than any TV soap

Disadvantages:
Scriptwriters seriously deteriorating

Quality of reception

Quality of programming

Range of programming

How good are the presenters?

Quality of information

2 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. fletcherja
  1. marcb
  2. mrsfletch

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Add the first comment!