BBC Radio 4

BBC Radio 4

Review of "BBC Radio 4"

published 23/01/2008 | Simon_DA
Member since : 07/12/2007
Pro Excellent programs of a wide variety of genres from news to comedy.
Cons Nothing.
Quality of reception
Quality of programming
How good are the presenters?
Quality of information
Range of programming

"Radio 4"

Radio 4 remains probably the best "talk" based radio station availabile in the UK today. The many local and "talk radio" type stations that have sprung up over the years still are not a patch on it, and if you get bored listening to music when you're in the car, Radio 4 provides some of the best entertainment you can find anywhere.

Highlights:

The "Today" show, probably the ONLY remaining source of "non-tabloidized, non-hysterical-shock-horror" news available anywhere today (including the BBC). An excellent rational approach at all times.

"In Our Time" - Melvyn Bragg's fascinating discussions on a wide variety of topics. A genuinely intellectual program! Yes, I know its a bit of a shock....

"The News Quiz" - better than "Have I Got News for You".

"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" - always amusing.

"Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show" - one of the funniest comedy shows I've heard in ages, and when that isn't running there are numerous others turning up, most of which are excellent, e.g. "Listen Against".

I'm not a great fan of the BBC, in fact, I am no fan of them at all, but for all of the garbage and propaganda they are responsible for, they do at least have Radio 4 (and BBC 4 digital TV) in their favour. Some people who work for the BBC, it seems, have not been completely brainwashed.

• JeffFromPoole published 23/01/2008
    good review. I listen to 4 whilst driving as the music stations drive me mad with the drivel and the adverts are really annoying. The problem is that R4 seems to transmit at lower power than all other stations tend to break up in rural areas.
  • CPTDANIELS published 23/01/2008

Simon_DA

Member since:07.12.2007

Radio 4

23.01.2008

Advantages:
Excellent programs of a wide variety of genres from news to comedy .

Disadvantages:
Nothing .

Quality of reception

Quality of programming

Range of programming

How good are the presenters?

Quality of information

7 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. duskmaiden
  2. silverstreak
  3. Gangsta-ash

Highlights:

"The News Quiz" - better than "Have I Got News for You".

"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" - always amusing.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

JeffFromPoole 23.01.2008 20:55