BMW 320i Coupe

BMW 320i Coupe

BMW 3 Series - Coupe - Rear (RWD) - 6 Speed Manual, 6 Speed Automatic - 1995 cc - Max Speed: 143 mph - 170 bhp - Petrol - Available Trims: SE, M Sport

Review of "BMW 320i Coupe"

published 23/12/2003 | davwan
Member since : 23/12/2003
Pro Good looking/ build quality, economical and fast
Cons Expensive to buy - diesel clatter
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"BMW 320 CD Coupe Diesel"

I was torn when I purchased my 2003 320 CD Sport, between wanting a zippy powerful coupe (the 320 and 330 ci were on the list) or go frugal and get the all new 320 cd sport. I think I made the right choice!
Having previously owned a Peugeot 307 turbo diesel - I was not too taken by the "black stuff" first time round, okay my old 307 was frugal but not great in the old performance department (in fact it was terrible!). So much so that when it came up for a change I vowed never again would I buy a diesel again.
What an afternoon in a 320 cd coupe can make is all I can say. Went for a lengthy test drive with one sales rep and thought wow, wow, wow!
Not only was the car responsive, fast and okay it is no M3 - but this baby can easily exceed the national speed limiting by nearly two fold!
The engine okay made the usual clatter - but it was more subdued then the Peugeot, and you fail to notice it at all when on the move.
The car is screwed together as solidly as any car I have ever driven, no squeaks, no rattles and the dealer has been faultless absolutely brilliant all round - plus they pieced one very good package for me on the car.

And if all this were not enough BMW are currenlty throwing in 5 years free servicing on the car - covering everything from the full service to wiper blades!

So a car that goes like the wind, still looks cool, returns on average 45mpg, no service bills and one of the lowest depreciation value in its class. Bit of a no brainer - but this car is great all round!

This review was read 19873 times and was rated at

• princesslily123 published 03/05/2005
    This car is absolutely beautiful when I test drove one last week. Now it is a matter of saving my pennies. That day will come!
  • FrenchCancan published 23/12/2003
    As you will found out, just like Rob said.. some people here are picky. Well, I thought it was a good review, if I want more info. I guess I can direct myself to any website.. Keep up the good work fella !!
  • robert_parnham published 23/12/2003
    Weclome to Ciao. Take a look at some of the great car reviews on here to see the level of detail people like - they're all picky buggers! Rob