Review of "BMW 328i"

published 19/06/2000 | wally
Member since : 10/06/2000
Pro Nice engine, sweet exhaust note
Cons Obtruding suspention turrets
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"One mean shopping trolley"

My wife has the pleasure of owning one of these marvelous Tourers (if you have read any of my other reviews, you will see that BMW's are my thing) and they are certainly not to be ignored! But for once, I will start with the practical side of things. The boot is not the biggest in the world, but it is ample for a family of three's luggage for a muddy week in Cornwall. It can also swallow my sons school trunk and still have room for all the Pamela Anderson posters left over. My one complaint is that the rear suspension turrets poke out into the boot, which takes up valuble room - a case of poor design. This however is not found in the rest of the car, which is very well put together and has an exellent finish. The seats are comfortable and supportive, with room for three in three in the rear. These can fold down to further enlarge the boot to get a bike or somthing of similar dimensions in.
The engine is a free-reving in line six with 193bhp. This enables the car to reach 149mph and it takes 7.3 seconds to reach 60. It is a truly drivable car and I would recomend it to anyone.

• frkurt published 19/06/2003
    More detail would be more helpful.
  • sarsons published 02/11/2002
    Info on what the car has to offer would have resulted in a higher rating (eg comfort, ride, equipment, insurance costs etc.). If you ever redo this op, please let me know and I'll reread it and review my rating :)
  • Sirus619 published 18/10/2002