TheHairyG... 5

TheHairyGodmother

About me: Please visit my website, www.themoneypirate.com

Member since:10.02.2006

Video reviews:1

BPP - Get Qualified!

08.01.2007

Advantages:
Home and Classroom Study, Competitive Prices

Disadvantages:
Some mistakes in the texts

50 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Essexgirl2006
  2. jillycat
  3. Absinthe_Fairy
  1. Ailran
  2. LaceyR26
  3. superpammy
and a further member

Having worked in the accountancy field for the last 5 years, I decided that the only way I could further my career was to proceed with getting qualified.

Obviously there are lot of things to be considered when choosing a training provider and when I decided to study for the AAT I was presented with a number of different training providers. I requested some literature from all of them and took a great deal of time in considering which one was right for my needs.

Due to BPP's competitive prices and the flexibility of their programmes I decided that they were the ones for me.

BPP provide training for many types of professional certifications including AAT, CIMA, ACCA, ICAS and MBA, even certain BSc courses. Thousands of people have already completed their learning and are looking forward to a brighter future.

I think the thing that drew me most to BPP was the option of their home study package. Working full time and living a fair distance out of London (meaning a long commute) meant that I would have found it difficult to juggle work commitments around a classroom based course. Although BPP do also offer full time and part time classroom courses as well.

So after discussion with my manager we both decided that completing my studies through BPP seemed the best option. I found that the quality of information regarding my course before I enrolled was very good and this gave me a full understanding of what the course involved before I registered.

I was impressed with the cost, £495 for all the books, study materials and exam support in order to complete the first year's study.

Registering was easy, a quick and simple form to fill in and return with payment was all that is required and BPP allow your employer to pay part, or all of the cost of your course as well, which they did. I had started the long road to qualification!

The books arrived within a week and a half and again I was impressed with the quality of their texts and the accompanying course companions and revision guides. As I was taking this along the home study route it was important that I would be able to learn from the books without the help from a tutor, (although tutors are available by phone or email). The books are easy to read and soon I found myself whizzing through the first few chapters before coming across some more challenging material.

I think the only downside is that there have been a few minor mistakes in the texts (or the answers to questions) in nearly all the units I have taken, although these were only very small and only affected about 1 question in each book.

On the run up to the exams you are offered support from BPP in the way of revision guides and tutor email/telephone support and the exam information that I was sent enabled me to get a full grip of what was and wasnt allowed in the exam room.

I am pleased to say that thanks to BPP I have completed both the foundation and intermediate levels of the AAT and am now looking forward to getting stuck into the technician level. Once this is complete I will be qualified!

Hopefully once I have completed this I will continue to study ACCA with BPP and I very much hope that the quality of my experience will remain consistent.

If anybody is thinking of studying with BPP I would certainly recommend it and I wish you all the best of luck.

brokenangelkisses 06.06.2011 23:11

Useful review.

torr 08.10.2009 20:19

I hope it's worked out well for you.

LaceyR26 19.09.2009 15:31