BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !

BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !

Review of "BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !"

published 11/08/2000 | Chris_V
Member since : 26/07/2000
Pro None
Cons Giving a false sense of security

"BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !"

BT Cellnet Mobile Handset Insurance Cover Scandal

I want to let everyone know about some small print included in BT Cellnet Insurance packages , which I have found to be nothing more than a 'getout clause'. This cover is provided by 'Catalyst' Insurance, which worryingly, being as they are BT Cellnets provider, operate from a PO Box number, and do not even have an e.mail address on their correspondance.
( Furthermore they even got my name wrong when sending out a claim form ! ). Is this the kind of company I would expect BT Cellnet to be dealing with ???
The scenario is as follows, I left my car with the mobile locked in the boot with other possessions, ( we are always told to lock things in the boot arn't we ? )
The car was broken into, via the passenger window and the seats pulled down to get to the boot, where the mobile was stolen from. The crunch is, . . wait for it. . . the claim was denied because there was no forced access to the boot area ! !
The fact that the car is covered in smashed glass has nothing to do with there being "forced access" obviously.
It has taken a lot of time and effort to finally get my claim approved, and it was done so with the attitude of "we are doing you a favour" rather than anything else.

I would urge anyone with mobile handset insurance cover, whatever network you are on, to seriously look at your cover, this is a ridiculous situation which we should not have to put up with.

Product Information : BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !

Listed on Ciao since: 11/08/2000