Chris_V 1

Chris_V

Member since:26.07.2000

BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !

11.08.2000

Advantages:
None

Disadvantages:
Giving a false sense of security

Recommendable No:

Range of Policies

Fairness of contract

Customer service

Speed of reconciliation

Prices

Is the contract in plain English?

1 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. AngelBabe

BT Cellnet Mobile Handset Insurance Cover Scandal

I want to let everyone know about some small print included in BT Cellnet Insurance packages , which I have found to be nothing more than a 'getout clause'. This cover is provided by 'Catalyst' Insurance, which worryingly, being as they are BT Cellnets provider, operate from a PO Box number, and do not even have an e.mail address on their correspondance.
( Furthermore they even got my name wrong when sending out a claim form ! ). Is this the kind of company I would expect BT Cellnet to be dealing with ???
The scenario is as follows, I left my car with the mobile locked in the boot with other possessions, ( we are always told to lock things in the boot arn't we ? )
The car was broken into, via the passenger window and the seats pulled down to get to the boot, where the mobile was stolen from. The crunch is, . . wait for it. . . the claim was denied because there was no forced access to the boot area ! !
The fact that the car is covered in smashed glass has nothing to do with there being "forced access" obviously.
It has taken a lot of time and effort to finally get my claim approved, and it was done so with the attitude of "we are doing you a favour" rather than anything else.

I would urge anyone with mobile handset insurance cover, whatever network you are on, to seriously look at your cover, this is a ridiculous situation which we should not have to put up with.

Add the first comment!

This review of BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! ! has been rated:

1. AngelBabe

Are you the manufacturer / provider of BTCellnet - BT Cellnet Insurance Cover ! !? Click here