Review of "BT Broadband"

published 11/04/2009 | rlgaeibdgsuq
Member since : 05/04/2009
Pro easy to install
Cons having to keep reformatting HD because of trojans getting through see above

"McAfee bt net protect plus better results from free avg"

In my opinion since B.T. have changed from an Norton based internet sercirity to a McAfee based sercurity called Net Protect Plus the sevice has degraded, i have had to re- format my HD 2 times because of the seriousness of the trojans this programme has let through to the extent that microsoft front page wouldn't allow me to turn on my laptop, to be honest i have had better sercurity with the free inertnet programmes AVG and Zone Alarm. I truly think that McAfee and B.T need to have a good look at what has happened to the sercuruty side of this. the upsideof this is that Net Protect Plus is very easy to install (being an old hand at this now), just as well really !

• TheHairyGodmother published 18/02/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review to make it helpful from the point of view of a consumer looking at making a purchase. If you update please leave a message in my guestbook and I will return to re-rate.
  • retireduser published 06/06/2009
    More detail needed to achieve a higher rating.
  • thereddragon published 11/04/2009
    I just use Comodo Firewall, Spybot, AdAware and a special hosts files from the MVPs website on my PC, and have never have any problems in several years now. On my Mac I use nothing, and have no problems with that either! Norton is notorious for slowing down PCs, I've had to uninstall it from many of my customers' PCs just to make them usable!

Product Information : BT Broadband

Home > Internet > Web Services > BT Broadband > Reviews

rlgaeibdg... 1

rlgaeibdgsuq

Member since:05.04.2009

McAfee bt net protect plus better results from free avg

11.04.2009

Advantages:
easy to install

Disadvantages:
having to keep reformatting HD because of trojans getting through see above

Recommendable No:

8 Ciao members have rated this review on average: somewhat helpful See ratings
somewhat helpful by (100%):
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. Soho_Black
  3. retireduser

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

TheHairyGodmother 18.02.2011 15:23

retireduser 06.06.2009 03:11

More detail needed to achieve a higher rating.

thereddragon 11.04.2009 15:35