BT Internet

Internet Service Providers

Review of "BT Internet"

published 01/12/2001 | jtsguy
Member since : 25/08/2001
Pro very easy to install, three packages to choose from.
Cons You get disconnected after every two hours.

".BT internet"

BT INTERNET

When I got my new pc one of the first things I wanted to do was to get the Internet, so I kept asking my mum to get the internet and telling her about all the good prices on offer out there and that I really needed it for my home work (lol).

Then about six months later she telephoned BT and asked them for one of their Internet installation disks. When the disk arrived in the post I had to install it because no body else knows much about the computer. I found the installation process and signing up extremely easy and very fast.

I think BT Internet is one hundred percent the best, because of many things, such as, it is very easy to install and set up, and it is quite simple and fast to register all your details and other things such as method of payment etc,

There are three packages to choose from with BT Internet so you get to choose the one which best suits your needs, plus they all have very good prices, and they are:

ANY TIME: With this package you can go on line whenever you like for free, and all you have to do is pay a monthly line rental of fourteen pounds and ninety nine pence.
I think this package is better suited to people who will continuously be using the Internet.

SURF TIME: This is the surf package, which I am currently using, and I think it is the best one and well priced too. With this package all you have to pay is a monthly fee of five pounds and ninety nine pence, then you get free Internet access after six pm until eight am on week days, and then at the weekends you get free internet access all day long.

If you use the Internet before six pm or after eight am (during the day), all you pay is about five pence per minute.
I think this package is better suited to people who like to use the Internet quite often but not every day.

PAY AS YOU GO: With this package all you pay for is the amount of time you spend on the Internet, which is five pence per minute.
I think this package is better suited to people who are not regular users.

I am happy with my choice and do not regret choosing BT Internet as I think it is one of the best offers available I have seen yet.

However there are a few down sides to BT Internet such as: you get disconnected after every two hours, you can only use BT Internet if you have a BT phone line, and some times you can’t even get on the internet because there are to many people using it, or they are really busy.
Then when you finally do manage to get on there’s something wrong with the browser so when you type in an address and hit enter it cant find any pages, so you have to reconnect again and again until it works properly. It usually works the second time round though, and this has only happened a few times to me so I am not that worried about it.

Apart from those few things, I still think BT Internet is one of the best and I recommend them to any one who has a BT phone line. (HA read below)

---------------------------------------------------
(Update)

I have been with BT Internet for a good year and half now and since I have written this op, BT’s quality of service has gone seriously downhill! And I don’t know if it is just me, but since BT Broadband has come out, the Internet connection is slower than ever.
Perhaps they are trying to get me to go to broadband? Which isn’t possible, as they don’t do it in my area anyway, darn! And, just recently I have been having problems logging on because the service has been down or busy?

The worst it has been so far is an entire week without Internet, and their prices keep going up too, also my out look express email has stopped working so they can’t email me their announcements, so I don’t know if it is getting more expensive or not.
And my mum is always to tiered to ring for help+ it is too expensive :(

They have started to disconnect me more regularly, before you could pretty much count on it cutting you off at exactly two hours now it’s a bit iffy and you are lucky if you manage to stay on that long.

If you don’t have to go to work the next day you can go on at about three in the morning and then they don’t disconnect you after two hours. The longest I have stayed online is three hours, but its usually about two and a half hours, also the internet is much faster, very helpful if u r downloading something.

As for the free Internet after six o’clock or the BT anytime, you are now limited to 150 hours a month, so if you go over you will probably be charged or cut off.

I no longer agree that BT are 100% the best and so advise people to stay away and choose a better Internet service provider.

Thanks for reading :)

© jtsguy 2003

• Joeyruss published 23/05/2003
    I've been with AOL since 1996. It was version 3 in those days and they're now on version 8! The monthly charge has tumbled over the years and there's a lot of features and extras for your money. They have their problems of course but I wouldn't change. Definitely recommended. Joey.
  • sue.51 published 05/05/2003
    Update duly noted - I was about to shout no - its changed. Thankfully I have broadband now and despite being miffed at BT when they initially pushed me over - their prices have come down and the speed is absolutely wonderful. Sue
  • melee679 published 03/05/2003
    we use freeserve and it is damned annoying! (see naeimah's op/rant on it!) guess we won't be moving to bt either though... cheers m Xx