BT

BT

Review of "BT"

published 19/07/2001 | Bryn_Pearson
Member since : 21/05/2001
Pro very handy website for sorting out your bills.
Cons not as many bells and whistles as some companies will offer you.
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Go to BT online and save a packet."

If you have signed up to BT's friends and family thing, you might not be saving as much money as you could - after all, do you really know how much you spend calling whom? Unless you want to trawl through your bill every month, can I strongly recomend a trip to their website.

Without very much hassle at all, you can go online and look at your account. They will show you your friends and family list, and also who you call most expensively, which can allow you to make better choices. There are some numbers you can't chose as a friend and there is a limit on how many mobiles you can have, but otherwise, this is a great scheme that really can save you money. You may well find that your internet conenction should be on the list as your best friend! Last time I went, you could only reshuffle your friends and family numbers once a month. Doing this online is by far the easiest way of handling it and it does work well - it's certainly saved me a few pennies.

The BT website is well laid out and easy to get around. Well worth a look.

So far my expereince of BT has largely been positive - they did try to let us keep our old number when we moved house (although it turned out not to be technically possible, but there you go.) We've had no trouble with bills or payments. We get a monthly breakdown of calls - not a long list as neither my partner nor uses the phone heavily - some months we pay more for line rental than we do for calls! We have suffered from no technical problems with our phone over the last year and from expereince of friends using their service, the help they can provide with nusiance callers is really good. I use the ring back facility and 1471, I also use directory enquiries now and then, but otherwise have not ventured into their services.

If all you want is a phone line, then BT are a good call in my opinion. There are some really good deals if you want a whole range of technology, but if you are a simple soul like me, this will probably suit you very well.

• Toady published 21/08/2001
    Good write up and I use to be with BT and i must admit they were good.
  • quoia published 22/07/2001
    Good op, although having used bt.com quite a lot recently I think you could have gone into more detail. My next op is likely to be on BT. Very helpful if people with BT go to the site and look for themselves. Dave
  • Excelle published 19/07/2001
    Top stuff - keep up the good work! I like BT too, and I've had quite a lot of success with their BT Internet service, even though others seem to have found it troublesome. Anyway, what I mean to say is GREAT OP!

Product Information : BT