BT

Review of "BT"

published 01/09/2011 | timj_uk
Member since : 01/09/2011
Pro None
Cons Hopeless customer service, complete lack of company coordination and account service.
Line Quality
Customer service quality
Customer service waiting times
Tariffs & Charges
Accuracy of Charges

"Eleven hours to close my account!"

I have been a loyal BT customer for over 20 yrs but have recently moved home and used the 'specialist home mover service' from BT to help. Since then (8 weeks ago) I have spent over 11 hours on the phone to various in the UK and international departments trying to get the problems they created solved. I still have no line (I've now moved to Virgin) but even though I've cancelled everything I'm still being billed. Another call today (add 45 minutes to my last total) confirmed that they still had not closed the account, they are still billing me (so I have had to cancel my direct debit with them) and I can only wonder if i shall ever see the account properly sorted out.
I am absolutely amazed at the complete lack of coordination and quality of service. I shall never return to BT, this international company, once the envy of many, is a disgrace. What a great pitty!

• Thehonesttruth published 01/10/2011
    As below
  • pink_champagne published 29/09/2011
    I'm absolutely dying for my contract to be up with them in 2 months time -half the time the lines are down and I'm paying for a service I don't actually get
  • timj_uk published 02/09/2011
    A quick comment to reply to Rosebud's fair comments is just to point out that as a reviewer your job is to report experience as well as fact. My comments are based on frustration caused by a company unable to provide customer support effectively. If I were to write the report assisting other users it would imply I have found a solution... that is sadly not the case. Do you work for BT Rosebud?

Product Information : BT