BUPA

Member since : 19/07/2011
Pro There is nothing good to say about BUPA
Cons Very Poor company
Competitiveness of APR
Comprehensiveness of range of products
Product package
Efficiency of service

"Think twice before using BUPA"

I want to let people know how BUPA did treat us. My family and me live in Thailand and were going on holiday to Norway and bought a worldwide travel health insurance with BUPA Thailand as we have done before.
The times we have used them before we did not need to claim anything so we thought we were going to be safe using them again.

What happened this time when we were on holiday was that my wife got a strong toothache and severe pain after one week on our holiday. And we had to go to the to the dentist, the dentists said that this was not a hole in the tooth or that there was a question about replacing a filling that was already there. But the tooth had cracked and the pain of it reached the nerves. The dentist said that the teeth of my wife were handled in a very good way and that this was an accident and a non-pre existing complaint!

But when we came back to Thailand and had to go back to the office to make the claim we spoke to the person that sold us the insurance, this person appeared very unprofessional. She said that in this case she was 100% certain that it would not be covered and was rude and impolite when I asked to receive a copy of our paperwork from Norway.
Is this person a sales representative or a case representative?

After one month we got a letter saying that BUPA don’t cover restoration of teeth, orthodontic and dental scaling of teeth or dentures. And they dismissed the case.

As the dentist said that this was not a hole in the tooth or that there was a question about replacing a filling that was already there. But the tooth had cracked and the pain of it reached the nerves. A non-pre existing complaint.

I then wrote a mail to them and ask them review our case again to see if all the procedures where followed correctly. And not being influence from a very unprofessional sales representative guaranteeing us that it would not be covered.

Again they used over two weeks to get back to us and dismissed the case by saying, “we are able to cover for a dental treatment only for extraction and x-ray resulted from accident.”

So by getting a non-pre existing complaint and as the dentist said “that this was an accident. “ BUPA say that it is not.

Also before we went to Norway I had to ask the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok for some general questions. And when I told them I was using BUPA World Wide Travel Health Insurance, there reply and told me that this insurance wasn’t the best one in case we needed to claim.

So if you read this story and you are going to get insurance Think twice before

• thedevilinme published 19/07/2011
    An dher elis the issue with private insurance. If you pay on time and dont claim when it comes to claiming they wriggle and wriggle not to pay, why thye make so much money

Product Information : BUPA