razra 5

razra

Member since:10.05.2006

B and Q kitchens

16.12.2006

Advantages:
Cheap, friendly, reliable

Disadvantages:
cost me a fortune in teabags !

Wide range/choice of products?

Helpfulness of Staff

1. aebruce
  1. Julieshobs
  2. sandemp
  3. MAFARRIMOND

Ive just had my new kitchen fitted so thought it was time for a review.

Lets start at the beginning, my old kitchen was falling apart and with only one plug socket a complete unsafe nightmare (trailing extension leads is not a good idea!!). Back in August B and Q had a upto 55% off sale on new kitchens with a free design service, so I decided lets try them out.

The designer came out and planned my new kitchen, and set a delivery date of the 6th dec for the units and 11 dec for the fitters to arrive.

Great a new kitchen in time for xmas, or so I thought, I then decided after ordering to try and find reviews on B and Q kitchens, big mistake I couldnt find anything good about them.

So I spent the next 5 weeks worrying that I was going to be cooking xmas dinner in the microwave.

6 th Dec arrived and all the units were delivered safely, at the time I was told and everything was there!

11 Dec the kitchen fitters arrived promptly at 830 am and set to work, they worked from 830 till 430 everyday were always polite and incredibly friendly. Possibly due to the fact that I am a tea addict so everytime I made myself a cuppa I made one for them too.

They did all the electrics for me and even put up some new lights that I had bought without charging me any extra! They also suggested ways to improve the kitchen such as using the left over worktops (which Id paid for but would have to be wasted as theyd been cut so couldnt go back) as a window sill, initially I thought what on earth are you talking about but they duly did it and showed me and I have to say it looks fantastic!

As they were building the kitchen they questioned some of the "extras" the designer had put in, so much so that I have bits left over to take back for a refund. The fitters told me it was a waste to have matching end panels either side of the cooker as they wouldnt be seen, they then showed me exactly what they meant and I have to say they were right.

The only problem I have with my new kitchen is one of the pelmets under the cupboards is a slightly different shade, as soon as the fitters saw this they rang up B and Q and ordered a new one, although they have fitted the mismatched colour one for now they have said they will come back as soon as the new bit is delivered and fit it for me free of charge.

So all in all I had a fantastic experience with B and Q kitchens and their fitters and Im feeling a bit lonely today as its the first day theyve not been here and we had a good laugh going all week!

Edited to add I didnt have any appliances but I had 4 double wall units, 4 double base units, sink etc

The units etc cost £1500 and the rest (£2500) was fitting which sounds a lot but that included a lot of electrical work , moving radiators ,plumbing work as well as the fitting of the units and worktops

jayin 16.12.2006 17:58

Sounds like its definitely worth finding someone else to fit the unit which is what someone I know did

JeffFromPoole 16.12.2006 12:18

good review. Could do with knowing how many units you got for your money, whether there were any appliances included etc.