BaByliss 2856U/AU/BU/CU/DU/ZU Travel Straightener

BaByliss 2856U/AU/BU/CU/DU/ZU Travel Straightener

Hair Stylers - Straightener - without Different Temperature Settings, with Different Temperature Settings - Mains operated

Review of "BaByliss 2856U/AU/BU/CU/DU/ZU Travel Straightener"

published 09/03/2012 | Rosebudwithredroses
Member since : 24/07/2005
Pro Small size, great for travel
Cons No light to say when they are hot.
Straightening
Ease of Use
Special Features

"=BaByliss 2856U Travel Straighteners="

=BaByliss 2856U Travel Straighteners=

I brought a pair of these travel straightners when we away last year in the UK, I have short hair, and it all honestly a standard pair of straighteners whilst are a brilliant product, for the touch ups that I want to do to my hair, this pair is perfect. This pleases my daughter, as I don’t have to borrow her hair straightners any more.

=Price and Availability=

The prices start from £10 and can vary to £15 depending on where you buy them from, I paid £15 for my pair from Boots. There is a wide range of colours available which include-

Purple
Blue
Green
Pink

The colours are bright, and even though they are small, you won’t lose them easily because of the colour.

=Performance=

The straightners are approximately half the size of standard straightners they are 15cm (6in) in length and claim to offer all the performance of your usual straightners; they heat up to 200C. They have ceramic plates, which give your hair a smooth and shiny finish; they also come with a three year guarantee.
The product is marketed for the traveller, but can be popped in a handbag, just as easy to use for if you want a top up in the day or are going somewhere straight from work.

=My quirks=

I would have expected that there be a light that tells you when the straightness have reached their maximum temperature, although in their defence they do heat up within 30 seconds to a minute at the most. There is no heat mat supplied with the product, and the other bug bearer is the lead is short, to move a mirror is not the issue it is finding somewhere safe to put the straightners when they heat up, in use and cool down.

=My verdict on the usage=
I found them really good to use, I got as much benefit from them as a standard pair of straightners, I have also used them on my daughters hair as she her hair length is a lot longer than mine, and I was also impressed with the results, for curiosity, we did one side with her straightners, and the other side, with these travel ones, and we couldn’t tell the difference between the work.

=Time Consuming=
It was more time consuming using these straightners, but for holidays, the space that they save, then I’m more than willing to spend another five or ten minutes using these and having the extra space in my suitcase.

=Additional Products=
BaByliss also do matching travel hairdryers within the range, and I have to say the purple is gorgeous.