BaByliss For Men Easy Cut hair Rechargeable Clipper 7435U

Review of "BaByliss For Men Easy Cut hair Rechargeable Clipper 7435U"

published 25/11/2011 | cunnersmon
Member since : 05/04/2007
Hi... im a post graduate in TV and Film Production and am hoping to go into business with my friend.. i love gaming and going to the cinema a lot i am also into photography
Satisfactory
Pro Cordless, quick, can use it youself
Cons Doesn't cut, does't fit all shapes of head
Quality of shave

"Babyliss easy cut.... the BLUNT truth"

BaByliss For Men Easy Cut hair Rechargeable Clipper 7435U

Like many fellas i too went through a phase of shaving all my hair off, in an attempt to follow that cruel thing called 'fashion'. But every time i had my hair shaved at my local barbers, it cost me around £8 or risk losing my ears and letting my partner shave it. Lol.

So after seeing an advertisement for the Babyliss Easy Cut, on TV, I went to Argos and bought one for £49.99. My intensions were to use the Easy Cut to neaten up my hair, shave off bits that grow faster than others and to 'whizz over' my head on nights out.

When i got the product home i was quite impressed. It was very durable, had a unique clipper blade plus looked and felt a quality hair clipper. It also came with a separate beard trimmer and a kit consisting of; a comb, a pair scissors, different trimming grades, oil and a cleaning brush. I thought it was well worth the money for what you got. The clipper was cordless and due to the self-guiding grades, i was able to use it on myself.

Being cordless i had to initially charge the Easy Cut before use, with the charger that came with it. Once charged I easily fitted a grade to the Easy Cut and set it to grade 2, with a simple twist.

PROFORMANCE
The Easy Cut clipper is fairly quiet, emitting nothing more than a slight hum, whilst in operation. The clipper does vibrate a lot, much more than a standard set of hair clippers and prolonged use can make you fingers go numb. Its cutting ability is very poor, making the end results barely noticeable. Actually apart from massaging my head, the Easy Cut failed to cut any of my hair. I asked my brother to try it and he did manage to shave some of his hair. However, when he got to the crown of his head, the self-guiding grade didn't fit to that part of his head correctly and left him with long tuffs.

On a more positive note, the beard trimmer worked quiet well. Like the Easy Cut, the beard trimmer too came with an adjustable grade setting, number from 1 = closest shave to 8 = Long stubble. However, unlike the Easy Cut the beard trimmer isn't rechargeable and needs two AA batteries. As a set, i would expect both to be powered the same way and I can't understand why Babyliss has made them different

FINAL THOUGHTS
Though it looks cool it doesn't shave your hair and for £49.99 i would expect it to do its job. My advice for other consumers is to avoid this product and purchase a much cheaper, traditional style hair clipper, priced between £9.99 to £29.99.

Thanks for reading - also if anyone reading has used the Easy Cut V2 could you please tell me if it works any better.

This review was read 1907 times and was rated at

• mozzie76 published 26/11/2011
    Good review.
  • mumsymary published 26/11/2011
    good review but I do not need this
  • angelboouk123 published 25/11/2011
    im sure this is the one my dad has and he wasnt impressed either..

Product Information : BaByliss For Men Easy Cut hair Rechargeable Clipper 7435U

For the perfect even cut Unique, patented rotary blade technology guarantees the perfect, even cut. This cutting technique is so simple, it is impossible to make a mistake! Cord/cordless Stainless steel blades Auto-lube system means blades never need oiling Precision blade with telescopic comb guide for 6 length settings Includes separate trimmer for ears, neckline and sideburns with 6 position comb guide Cleaning brush Comb Scissors Storage pouch

Manufacturer: BaByliss