Review of "Baba + Boo Cow Print Pocket Nappy"

published 23/02/2012 | milkymum
Member since : 08/11/2011
Pro Last from birth to potty.
Cons Not absorbent enough for night.
How leak proof are they?
Absorption
Fit around legs

"Baba and boo do funky reusable cloth nappies."

We use cloth nappies as they are cheaper, kinder to the enviroment and we like to avoid unnecessary chemicals on baby's skin.

This nappy is a pocket nappy from Baba and Boo, which comes with 2 inserts and is one size, which I love as it will fit both my girls.

Drying: I was pleased with how fast it dried on the line indoors. It took just over a day for the whole nappy and boosters to dry out completely. I don’t have a dryer so need nappies that don’t take too long to dry, and these seem to be perfect. My 2 year old was adamant that she had the first go wearing it, so we used it at night. I like to use fleece nappies at night, as a good fleece nappy will keep the girls from feeling wet for any period of time, which is important as she is learning to use the potty, and we are practicing Elimination Communication with the baby.

Fit: The Nappy fitted both girls well. The poppers on it can be adjusted so they can be different sizes, and there were no gaps around the legs for either girls.

Absorbency: For my baby (4 months), it was very good overnight, she felt dry in the morning although she had wet the nappy. It was a slightly lose fit until she was around 6 months, but held in place well with an all in one vest that clips under the nappy. My 2 year old also felt dry, and I was surprised when I checked how wet the boosters actually were despite the dryness. However I would use an extra booster with my 2 year old as she is is a heavy wetter and I think it must have been uncomfortable as the nappy was at it’s limit. Extra boosters are easy and cheap to buy.

Overall I was very pleased, and for £9.25 per nappy (including inserts) and cheaper in packs, I think this is great value. It's certainly a lot cheaper than simalar brands.

The most exiting thing is that they come in a range of funky colours and designs, such as cow print, leapord print, and tiger print to name a few.

• catsholiday published 23/02/2012
    Love the design and god for you using re-usable nappies so many don't bother.