Baby-Bio Original Plant Food

Baby-Bio Original Plant Food

Review of "Baby-Bio Original Plant Food"

published 12/04/2012 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Helps the leaves and flowers look much better in colour.
Cons None.
Performance

"A god send for my plants."

I have quite a few house plants, quite a few of them have been bought as gifts for Mother's day or my birthday. There was a time that my plants used to just die because I had just watered them and not used a plant feeder. A few years ago I began to use this feeder just to see if I could keep my plants a while longer because the gifts were more of a sentimental value.

This feeder comes in a plastic bottle which has a screw off top, it has a design on the front which looks kind of like a flower with the name clearly in the middle of the flower. The top of the bottle has a little hole at the top where the liquid comes out of the bottle, it also has a kind of grid which can be used to shake the liquid from the bottle if needed. The liquid is a dark brown colour.

It is really easy to use by just adding 5 to 10 drops into half a litre or 1 pint of water, or mix half a capful to in 1 litre or 2 pints of water. It tells me on the back of the bottle that if used by using the drops, that it can be used for every time you water your plants. If used using the capful, it can be used every 2 weeks.

I tend to use this feeder by just dropping the recommended amount of drops into the water. This feeder has worked really well for my plants and helped them to grow and I have a planter which has 4 plants inside, this feeder has helped them so much so that I have had the plant for 3 years, which I am delighted about because it was a Mother's day gift.

Over the past few years I have really taken a lot of interest in gardening and so I have been wanting to learn much better how to feed my plants, both in my garden and inside my home for my house plants. Sometimes I have bought house plants which have been reduced in supermarkets. They have looked a little wilted but look just like they have just needed a little help to revive them a little. I have used this feeder for them just for a month or so and they have grown and flowered really well. I think it is such a shame when plants die because it is only the way we take care of them for how they survive.

The size of the bottle is 175ml and so quite a good sized bottle. The bottle can last such a long time because only a few drops are needed in the water to water the plants. I bought it a while ago but from memory I think it cost around £2 and so quite cheap and affordable for the work it does to feed plants in my opinion.

This feeder has been a life saver for my plants and I have been really happy with how it has fed them really well and helped them to grow stronger and to also flower much better. It helps to give a much healthier plant and to help it survive to also look nice inside the home. My plant leaves have looked a lot greener too since using it. The colours on the plants have also looked more brighter in colour and much healthier looking.

I am really pleased I bought this feeder because I have never looked back since using it. I highly recommend it for anyone who has had plants that have died or have some that need just a little help to grow and look better, also to help them look a nice vibrant colour. Not everyone knows about the feeding which plants need. I myself didn't realise that a feeder of this kind could help so much in the way it works for plants. I had heard about it but not bought it, I just thought it was just a product for using for a keen gardener but I was so wrong. I will continue to buy this feeder and I am learning much more about gardening because I am a novice and I have found the more I learn the more my plants survive around my home and in my garden.

This is a good value feeder and of a good quality and most of all it has worked a treat for my plants. I haven't used it for outdoor plants because I cannot see on the label if it can be used for outdoor plants. I would be very interested to know if I can use it outdoors because I use a different feeder for my garden plants. I have also recently bought a little greenhouse for my garden and am currently growing some plants from seed and bulbs. I am not sure if this feeder would be good to use for those plants and so anyone who does know I would be grateful for any comments so that I can use it for those plants too along side my other feeder I use.

I give this feeder 5 stars.

Thank you for reading my review and I hope it has been of some help.

• splishsplash published 13/04/2012
    I shall give mine a feed tomorrow!
  • Mildew82 published 13/04/2012
    When left in charge of plants I struggle to keep them alive so this sounds really useful!
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 12/04/2012
    I agree with Cat's comment! unbelievable lol

Product Information : Baby-Bio Original Plant Food

Description: Baby Bio Original Plant Food is the original house plant feed, for greener leaves, healthy plants and vibrant colours. Benefits: * Britain's favourite house plant food for over 50 years * Mix with water and pour onto plants When to use Baby Bio Original: All year round NPK: 10.6:4.4:1.7 Available Pack Sizes: 175ml Can I use Baby Bio on my bonsai? Yes. There is no reason why Baby Bio could not be used to feed a bonsai. However avoid over-feeding to avoid the production of too much lush growth. Can I use Baby Bio on my herbs growing on my kitchen windowsill? Yes. Baby Bio is a fertilizer based on nutrients, which are essential for all plant growth. It is blended in such a way as to provide the optimum feed for house plants but any plant, especially pot plants could benefit from an additional feed with it. Can I use Baby Bio on plants grown hydroponically? Baby Bio was not designed for use in such a system, and we would recommend Phostrogen Plant Food for this purpose. When is the best time to feed my house plants with Baby Bio? The best time to feed house plants, and indeed any plant, is when they are actively growing (i.e. when new growth can be clearly seen). For house plants this can be all-year-round. It is advisable to check the plant label for specific advice or refer to'The House Plant Expert' by Dr D G Hessayon.

Type: Plant Food