Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier

Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier

Review of "Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier"

published 13/09/2005 | surfingbernard
Member since : 07/07/2005
Pro You can take it off
Cons Expensive, uncomfortable, bad for baby's joints and spine etc
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Award winning? They must have seen me coming.."

I feel robbed. Not just of the money that this sling cost, but of the time I could have been wearing my baby had I known that there are MUCH better ways to carry your baby.

This sling is terrible, it's very complicated to put on and you can't get baby out of it once they fall asleep. The weight bears down on your shoulders dragging on your neck muscles and baby quickly feels very heavy. I am quite well endowed in the chest region (!), especially breast feeding, and my baby's head would loll around in the gap between the head 'support' of the carrier and my breast bone. Not very comfortable for baby or me!!

It's very restrictive for baby and wearer. there is also evidence to support the theory that these kind of carriers are bad for your baby's development. All the baby's weight is resting on the base of the spine. Also the position of the pelvis is not ideal for proper development, a splayed leg position with spine support is meant to be MUCH better for baby.. Look it up on the net.

I recently discovered both ring slings and wraparounds. I didn't think I would like these at first I thought they were a bit 'hippy'. How wrong I was! I SOOOOO wish I had known about these carriers before now. My little boy is four months now and I feel I have missed out on babywearing until now. Do yourself a favour, at least try other slings without trusting that the best known one will be the best.

You may have more luck with this carrier than I did, but I'm afraid I don't have one good thing to say about it!

• catrinaf published 14/09/2005
    Hi and welcome to Ciao - Cat x x
  • salem_witch published 14/09/2005
    And the picture makes it look very comfortable as well! Welcome to Ciao, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
  • Majiggy published 14/09/2005
    Good first op. A belated welcome to Ciao! Doesn't sound like a reliable carrier at all! Won't need one of these things for quite a while I think, but other mums will be glad to know what to avoid when it comes to things like this. :) xx maj xx

Product Information : Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier

Baby Bjorn make everyday life easier for parents and children by developing products of outstanding quality, safety and style. The BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier is a cool baby carrier, designed for anyone who likes to move around while keeping baby close. It's cool and comfortable, both for you and for your child, thanks to the unique, breathable material from which it is made. The BabyBjorn Air Baby Carrier is made from an airy 3D mesh that efficiently carries away heat and moisture. It is soft and flexible and shapes itself gently to the baby's body. The Air Carrier provides excellent support for your little child's back and head, and makes sure that baby's legs and arms are in a physiologically correct position. When your child is a little older, the neck-rest can be folded down so that the child can be carried facing forwards and look around.

Long Name: Baby Carrier