labellavi... 4

labellavita1992

About me: 21. University graduate. Beauty blogger. ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspo t.co.uk

Member since:02.03.2011

Gorgeous Curls Every Time?

16.03.2011

Advantages:
Heats up fast, soft material on rollers means that it makes my curls smooth, no frizz

Disadvantages:
You need a bit of practice to put them in, might be a bit expensive now,little bit time consuming

Straightening

1. KathEv
  2. Absinthe_Fairy
  3. K2705

BaByliss 3035U

I have wanted rollers for ages, I do have quite wavy/curly hair anyway but it can get really frizzy so I wanted something to curl my hair without the frizzy and to gives my existing curls more definition and volume... and thats what I got!

*About the product*

The set comes with eight large, six medium and six smaller rollers. It also comes with the instruction booklet, ten large plastic clips and twenty metal clips of varying sizes. The rollers sit and are stored in the container in which they heat up.

The set has a temperature dial on the front which can be turned around either to make the rollers hotter or not has hot, depending on your hair type. The rollers have 'ionic technology' for frizz free results.

*Heating up*

I have used these rollers on four occasions (one being this morning) and for all the times I have used them they heat up really quickly. All you have to do is plug them into the mains and then switch them on, on the front and you have to make sure the lid is down otherwise they wont heat up.

In the set there is one roller (near the front) which has a red dot on the top of it, which at first looks odd, but it does have a purpose, which is to turn white when they are heated to the temperature you selected on the dial. Then they are ready to put in.

*Putting them in my hair*

I separated my hair in half (left and right, not the to and bottom of my hair). I then brushed my hair really well as any tangles and knots will not look good when the rollers are taken out.

Then once you get a section of hair that fits the size of the roller you have chosen then all you do is put the roller at the ends of your hair and fold the ends under and then roll it up to the roots of your hair.

There are then two options. 1. To use the three sizes of metal pins which are good and look a lot better in than the clips but I find then a bit difficult to put in especially as you have to hold the roller in place while you try to push the metal pin around it.

Or 2. You could use the plastic clips - there are not as many of them but I used them today with my long (quite thick) hair and I used all of them. They fit around the different sizes really nicely and they secure it well. And they don't affect the curl, they don't put a kink in your hair while it is cooling down either which is good.

You can use either method that you want and then you repeat with the rest of your hair. It would be so much easier with shorter hair, as I have long hair it was more difficult and the hardest part of this process was separating my hair into the section after I have just done one. As they can sometimes pull on each other when putting another one in. But it does not affect the end result if they are not perfect.

I leave the roller set on after they have heated to the right temperature as I find that they just cool down really quickly in the set and don't curl my hair well, but I just turn the heat setting down and leave them on while I put them in. The rollers do get hot, but not really hot so that you can't touch them.

I have tried velcro rollers in the past and it has just turned out horribly, but these ones do not have velcro on them. The surface where the hair is wrapped around is like a velvet material and it is really soft and smooth - so the curls turn out soft and smooth!

*Taking them out*

Taking them is really easy, you just take you the metal pin or the plastic clip that you put in to secure them. Then I just let the roller fall out until the end and then catch it and pull it out gently. Then to make the curl smoother and more curly I just twist/spiral it in my fingers.

I put them in this morning for example, at 10:25 and then I waited until 11 to take them out and they were super curly. That is the longest time I have had them in for and they came out really really curly! It was quite amazing and then were really smooth, frizz free and soft - even though I did not put them in really neatly.

Then thats all you have to do. It is really easy, I just then put some of the twisted sister anti frizz serum just to smooth the curls down and quite a bit of hair spray.

*Results*

I love the results and with all the times I have used them they have turned out really well. And I am very impressed with these rollers. Since I took them out at 11 this morning they have dropped very very slightly - but that may be from my touching them all the time! You can see the results from this morning when I took them out on my member picture and hopefully you can see how curly my hair is!

*Price*

I bought them from boots for £29.99 (last year) which is a but expensive but they create gorgeous curls and they are just really great. The price in boots is now £35.79. They are also available from:

Amazon, Argos, Currys, Comet: £27 - ebay sellers may sell them cheaper

*Overall*

They work really well, they look great. The only downside is that they look a bit silly in and they do take some practice getting used to but other than that they are wonderful! They work fantastically for my hair, although everyone is different and it may not work as well for other hair types but it works for me.

Conclusions Good points
  • Big bouncy defined curls
  • No frizz
  • No kinks in my hair
  • Heat up fast - about 5 minutes
  • Relatively easy to put in - but you do need practice
  • Feel durable and strong
  • Soft touch so that they create smooth curls
  • Dont take that long to cool down and create curls - about 30 minutes
  • Does not heat up that much to burn my fingers
  • Easy to use
  • Small - does not take up too much room, especially as I store it in the box it comes in

Bad points
*A bit tricky to put in - the first few times and it does get easier with practice and it is also a bit time consuming

This review is also posted on dooyoo under my user name tigger1992 (updated slightly from my dooyoo review - prices etc)

Pictures of BaByliss 3034U/3035U Thermo-Ceramic
BaByliss 3034U/3035U Thermo-Ceramic BaByliss Rollers
The rollers in the set

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this review’s content

Lools_24 17.03.2011 08:53

Excellent review x

Andyoz 16.03.2011 19:17

Really good detailed review, in fact, have an E!

daniella2010 16.03.2011 19:06

I had ones similar to this but I gave them away to a friend because I could never get on with them - well reviewed