Bacardi Breezer

Bacardi Breezer

Review of "Bacardi Breezer"

published 18/10/2005 | kimp123
Member since : 23/09/2004
Pro Convenient, Nice taste.
Cons Pricey.

"A Regular at My House."

Bacardi Breezer's are one in a long line of the latest 'Alco pop' trend of drinks. Alco pop being a fizzy sweet drink, by the way. They are made with Bacardi rum and various different flavoured sparkling waters, depending on which colour you are drinking. I am lethal with a bottle of Bacardi in the house, I don't own a set of optics and by the time drink number three was consumed, wouldn't use them anyway. So for this reason Bacardi Breezer's seemed like a good option.

Launched in the United Kingdom in 1993 and with an extensive advertising campaign, The Latin Spirit drink soon took off. The idea taken from the bottle of beer, this drink comes in a handy glass bottle, just pull of the cap and drink. Well, some may prefer the rather more lady like pouring into a glass.

The usual way to buy these Breezer's is as a pack of four 275ml clear glass bottles with a cardboard sleeve holding them together. Although all of the different flavours are easily recognisable as Barcardi Breezer's, the colour of the packaging and indeed the contents of the drink, will vary. For instance, Cranberry has a red tone and Zesty Lemon, a yellow one. I believe that you can also buy a 10 pack of smaller 200ml bottles, although I have not seen these around for a long time. On the casing of these drinks the Bacardi Breezer Bat logo can be found, as well as information about the drink and the usual nutritional jargon is on the bottle itself.

A variety of flavours can found; Cranberry, Watermelon, Lime, Orange, Pineapple, and more recently; Zesty Lemon and Raspberry, which are half the sugar of the standard Bacardi Breezer. Not so common flavours also include Peach and Grapefruit. Whatever flavour you are drinking the alcohol content will be 5%, that's 1.4 Uk Units and we are advised to drink responsibly (I mean, who wouldn't?)

*****The Taste*****

I have tried several of these flavours and will attempt to give you my opinion on those.

Cranberry
A sweet but not too sweet drink that does indeed taste of Cranberry. Could easily drink several.

Watermelon
The same as Cranberry, but a little sweeter, still nice though.

Lemon/Zest Lemon.
My favourite. Can drink all night, in a responsible way of course!
Not too sweet, with a lovely refreshing Lemon taste.

Orange
Yuk! Tastes like a children's drink of fizzy orange with a bit of Rum shoved in. I don't like this and would not buy even if it was the only flavour available.

Raspberry
A little too sweet for me. Could enjoy drinking one or two but any more would be too sickly.

Nutritional information is for some reason based on 100ml even though the bottle is actually 275ml. A little deceiving I think.
Energy 184KJ/44.1Kcal
Proteins 0g
Carbohydrate 3.7g
Fat 0g
Fibre 0g
Sodium 0.026g

I buy my Bacardi Breezer's on-line at Tesco's. The full price is £4.47 for a four pack of 275ml bottles. However I try to be good and only buy when they are on a special offer, which I have to say is quite often at Tesco. These drinks are widely available for an average price of £5.00, from super markets or other stockists of alcohol. Although it is worth noting that not all flavours are always stocked.

*****My Thoughts*****

I normally have a stock of these drinks in our beer fridge. I find that Bacardi Breezer's are an extremely convenient drink which goes down very easily. I like the flavour of them and although the alcohol can't be strongly detected in the taste, be warned they can get you just as tipsy as any other tipple.
They are an ideal drink for an evening out and I believe that it is safer to drink from a bottle, reducing the risk of something being slipped into your drink.
I know that some men do drink these, but I think that they are still predominantly something for the ladies.
They are not bad value if you can get a special offer, but otherwise a bit pricey, and if you order one in a pub… you could pay £4.00 for one.

Guests don't often refuse one when offered either!

For more information please visit;
www.bacardibreezer.com

• bbyphat published 20/01/2009
    I love Barcardi Breezers! I drink them regularly and they are very refrenshing!
  • gem412 published 06/01/2006
    Great review, I like the way you have tried all the flavours for the purpose of providing an informative review! Yeah right! It's not my favourite drink but I wasn't aware that they did so many flavours.
  • gayna1979 published 28/11/2005
    Not very keen on this, but a great review. Gayna x