Lip Make-up - Lip Gloss

Review of "Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss Maverick"

published 13/09/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro good colours
Cons none
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Magnificent matte"

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss Maverick

I was really excited to get a matte liquid lipstick from Bare Minerals in my QVC “Try it love it” beauty box. This is a new line of nudes that Bare Minerals have created and I got the shade Juju which is a pinkish hue I think you can see the shade quite well on the photo I took.

First impressions
I noted that this was quite a plain tube, with a frosted clear body that to me indicates it is a matte finish. There is Bare Minerals printed down the side and a black sticker with the shade on the base. Other than that it’s quite a large tube although the contents are 4ml which I suppose is a lot for just lips so it should last a while.

In use
This liquid lipstick could not be easier to use. It is a lipgloss style applicator with a sponge tipped hoof stick and you can draw it accurately on your lips. I try to apply to moisturised lips as it is long lasting so I don’t want my lips to feel dry but the end result is not too dry and it feels nice on the lips although it does transfer to coffee cups which I hate generally. It is not a sticky finish though like other matte lipsticks I have tried. I find that it wears off when you eat and drink but if you leave it alone it stays on nicely.

My thoughts
I like this lipstick a lot and am even thinking it’s a good value although it is expensive it is long lasting and reliable. I would like to try other shades from this range although I am happy with the colour I get from Juju shade.

What they say
GEN NUDE™ Matte Liquid Lip Colour is long-wearing, cream-to-matte colour with a lightweight, no-tack texture. Full coverage pigments are suspended in a silky formula that glides over lips effortlessly, then dries to a long-wearing, natural matte finish.
Formulated with moisturising ingredients to counteract dryness, this matte liquid glides on silky smooth with a subtle vanilla scent.
The flexible paddle applicator delivers full coverage in one sweep. Perfect for making a bold nude lip statement while balancing a sultry eye look.
What It Is Formulated To Do...
40 shades. 4 finishes. A million ways to go nude.
With 10 gorgeous nude liquid lip colours to choose from, GEN NUDE™ Matte Liquid Lip Colours compliment every skin tone and lip tone. Whether you want an edgy, blanked-out nude look, a natural your-lips-but-better nude, or a deeper neutral contrast colour, you're guaranteed to find shades for any look. Blend and layer colours and finishes for infinite ways to go nude.
This liquid lipstick is gluten-free and was not tested on animals. Formulated without petrolatum.

Price and availability
Bare Minerals is available widely online and in department stores. I checked the price for this at John Lewis and it is £17 a tube (4ml). It is also available from QVC where I bought my beauty box from at great value £20 with free postage. This deal is still available I believe.

Final word
I am extremely impressed with this liquid lipstick, it’s not drying, the colour’s good and it lasts ages (as long as you refrain from eating and drinking). The application is non messy and it doesn’t transfer to teeth so all in all I am liking it. It’s not cheap but it will last me ages as I don’t always wear lipstick although I might start more now I have found one that I love.

• euphie published 28/09/2017