Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss

Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss

Get voluptuous and voluminous lips with our luscious Lip Gloss. Add shine, moisture and sensuality to lips without the goop of traditional gloss.

Review of "Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss"

published 18/12/2013 | lorriellah
Member since : 10/06/2009
Thanks for all the rates and comments :)
Pro Very shimmery, beautiful colours, beautiful choices, easy to apply
Cons Small bottles
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Beautiful lip glosses!"

I was bought a Bare Escentuals lip gloss set from a friend when she went on holiday. I hadn't even heard of this brand before but now I love it! I am going to be looking out for more of their products as these lip glosses are so lovely! I don't wear lip gloss very often but when I do I like to wear one which has saying power and I'm so pleased that these do! I highly recommend!

The set

Included in this set are 6 lip glosses! They are all of a particular theme, this theme is called Show Me The Shimmer but you can also buy other sets or buy them on their own. The set cost my friend $30, these are slightly smaller than the lip glosses that are bought on their own so it's a perfect gift as it gives you the chance to sample the different ones but they are not so small that it's just a tester- you will still get plenty of wear out of them. They contain 0.07floz so they are small which I love as it means they are perfect for my handbag! They are half the size of the normal glosses from this range. The 6 colours that you get are all very shimmery- hence it's name and they are:

Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Crowd Pleaser (golden vanilla glimmer)
Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Superstar (holographic teal prism)
Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Icon (amber pink glimmer)
Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Scene Stealer (electric lilac sparkle)
Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Head Turner (soft pink glitz)
Mini Marvelous MoxieTM Lipgloss in Femme Fatale (glistening cabernet)

The names of the products are not a great indication of what colour they are but they are beautiful colours; one of them has a champagne hint so is a little yellow which I thought looked rather strange but one applied it is a lovely look. My favourite colour is the glistening cabernet which is a rather red colour, very beautiful and great for Christmas wear. The bottles themselves are glass and see-through so you can see the shade easily. The lid is a shiny silver with a slightly sloping tip which just makes it look really high quality. The wand isn't very long because of the bottle being small but it's a decent sponge on the end which is angled to make application easier with it being quite a thin sponge. This is a great set which gives you scope as you can choose which you like for the occasion.

Using them

The hardest part about using these is trying to work out which one to wear! They are all so lovely, to be honest I like anything that sparkles and my goodness these certainly do have sparkle! I don't wear lip gloss on a daily basis but when I do I like to wear one which stands out but doesn't look stupidly bright, I tend to go for the soft pink glitz for most occasions as it's very gentle on the lips. They are easy to apply too. The lids twist off and have the wand within them. This wand is very well shaped as it's only a small tip and has a little gradient to it so that it means you can apply it with as much control as possible. It's thin so you can get right to the edges of your lips with ease. These do not feel very sticky, just a little tacky which is what you expect from a lip gloss. I had one once that was very sticky and felt horrible on my lips but this has a slight tack to it at first and then once it's been on a few minutes you don't really feel it at all. It certainly feels very light on your lips. I have found you don't need to keep dipping into the bottle either, one is usually enough to get a good covering on your lips. It's so nice to have a lip gloss that feels light yet looks effective still. This does apply like a very good product, you can tell they are of good quality.
Wearing the gloss

The most important thing to me about a lip gloss is that it has to look good and last. It is no good if it looks nice as you apply it but by the time you've got out of your house it's pretty much vanished. It's very hard for lip glosses to stay on as you talk and drink but it is nice to have one which has a bit of staying power and these lip glosses do! I find that they do wear off over the course of an evening but that they are better than others. They look really nice too, the shimmer make them stand out on your lips and really catch the light. I love wearing these because they do feel special and I love shimmer! The yellow based one I thought would look odd but actually once it's on the lips it has a nice effect, slightly pink with the colour of your lips but still that unusual hint of champagne too which is really pretty. The shimmer isn't uncomfortable either, you don't notice it. I had a lip gloss previously that had flecks of glitter in it and that felt weird on my lips but these just feel like you're wearing a clear lip gloss so that is lovely.
My experience

When I first got these i was really pleased as they look so lovely. The bottles shine away with the lovely silver tops that shine nicely and the shimmery gloss inside that you can see through the bottle. I love having a choice so I get to decide which one to wear for which occasion. Sometimes I shy away from the bold colours so don't buy them but what's great about this is that the bold colours are in there so I get to try them and enjoy wearing them rather than stick to the same shades all of the time. It's definitely a nice change to be able to choose something different for an occasion. At the moment I am particularly loving these because they have a lovely shimmer they are perfect for Christmas. I don't go to many parties and things but we have had a few evenings out over the last couple of weeks and it's been lovely to wear a shimmery lip gloss! The best thing about these glosses is that they have staying power. Whilst drinking they don't stay on brilliantly but they are definitely better than other brands that I have had previously where they don't last very long at all. I like how easy it is to apply too with the wand that is well shaped so you have very good control over the application. I am so happy with these! I can't comment on what it is like to remove this as usually by the end of the day it has disappeared so I don't think you'll be needing any special make up remover for these for those of you who like to know about removing make up! The bottles are not very big but for me that doesn't matter as I don't wear them on a daily basis so it's perfect for those who want to sample a variety of shades. I think if you wear lip gloss daily and constantly reapply then these would run out quickly but if you're like me and just like to wear it on the odd occasion you go somewhere special then these are perfect. It's just lovely having the choices in front of you to choose from, they are all beautiful colours! I will in future be looking out for more products from this brand, I think they are just lovely! I definitely recommend, they do feel like they are something special.

• Chippytarka published 03/02/2014
    Great review! I know QVC sell this range so you may want to check them outxx
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 27/12/2013