Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk

Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk

Ferry/Boat Hire

Review of "Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk"

published 29/11/2012 | Weaselbunny
Member since : 29/11/2012
Pro Large choice of boats
Cons Too many boats for them to maintain and clean properly
not rated
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Avoid Barnes Brinkcraft at all costs!"

4 years ago my family rented two boats for one week from this boatyard. One was a 4*, the other a 5*. We had problem after problem after problem between the 2 boats, from a toilet not flushing properly, to a canopy that let more rain in than it kept out, to windows which leaked onto your bed and soaked you in the night. We also had a problem with batteries on one boat and had engineers out 3 days in a row trying to fix it, this is a major problem when the cooker is electric! The next year I begged my family not to hire from this boatyard, but because of the trouble we'd had the year before they had offered us a discount if we came back... big mistake! Again we had problem after problem, including a broken canopy and a front windscreen which didn't fit the canopy. These boats are also very thirsty on fuel. The boats are grubby and very poorly maintained. In my opinion they have too many boats for their staff to handle, their reach exceeds their grasp. The boats are turned around so quickly, an engineer told us, that there is no time for maintenance or thorough cleaning before the next customer takes them out. Needless to say, the next year when my husband and I holidayed on the broads we used a different boatyard and had a wonderful experience. It's such a shame as this boatyard has been around for a long time and used to have a fantastic reputation, however, a quick googling will show you that their reputation is not what it once was. I do hope things improve as there are so few boat yards left on the broads, it's a shame to rule one out because of a poor experience, but hey, once bitten... sorry TWICE bitten, thrice as shy!

not rated