Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk

Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk

Ferry/Boat Hire

Review of "Barnes Brinkcraft, Norfolk"

published 14/05/2017 | Earnest1
Member since : 14/05/2017
Pro Nice boats
Cons Arrogant Senior staff and owners. Liable to damage your vehicle in their private car park.
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Some nice boats but dont trust them with your car!"

Lengthy review but should be read and taken seriously if you're considering this company.
Barnes Brinkcraft on arrival will issue you with a handy guide to prevent accidents! In the guide they specifically point out to you that some of their boats are 'expensive' and ask that you take good care of them.
Barnes Brinkcraft also insist upon parking your car and retaining your keys. Its a pity they dont apply the same respect to your 'expensive' vehicle as they ask of you to their boats.
We went in my wifes new car and after expressing concern about it being driven by strangers were assured that they take great care and their staff are familiar with all makes.
After four days meticulously looking after their 'expensive' boat we were disappointed to return and find a dent in the side of my wife’s car obviously caused by someone carelessly opening an adjacent car door on to it. (All vehicles are close parked by Barnes Brinkcraft staff to save space.)
On complaining we were told by the company owner that they couldn’t have caused the damage otherwise they would have reported it!!!! It beggars belief that in their private car park where vehicles are only parked by their staff that it was caused by anyone else other than Barnes Brinkcraft, but they are a large organisation and without actual filmed evidence they will not admit or accept that they could have done it.
Unfortunately we as individuals can do nothing except be disappointed and warn others against using this company. You may have an enjoyable boating trip (and we did) but be aware that the enjoyment can be shattered by returning to your damaged vehicle.
Like you reading this review before booking I also read the reviews.
One of the negative reviews I read was of a similar complaint to mine, I ignored the review thinking surely it was an isolated case! Clearly it wasn't.
Hopefully if enough people sharing the same experience write about it here, you as a new prospective boater on the Broads will realise Barnes Brinkcraft are a business interested in your booking only, not your property and this is not an isolated case but seemingly a regular pattern.
In the scale of things a small dent in a car door is not a life changing experience and we have insurance for this sort of thing, but the careless attitude and respect that Barnes Brinkcraft have for people and their property can be deeply distressing and inconvenient.
My recommendation is to look to book elsewhere.

• Secre published 17/05/2017
    Welcome to Ciao!
  • 1st2thebar published 15/05/2017
    Informative.
  • Westy4 published 15/05/2017
    Sorry to hear this. Not impressive at all.