Review of "Barry M Instant Nail Effects 323 Croc"

published 23/03/2012 | aveen11s
Member since : 20/03/2012
I'm new to this site and still learning the ropes, constructive critism is appreciated as I'm trying to improve. I try to return as many ratings as I can. I usually review beauty products and spend time on Dooyoo so have a look there for more reviews!
Good
Pro nice effect
Cons hard to apply correctly, dried up too soon
Chips Easily?
Features

"not rushing back for more!"

Price
I was so excited when I came across this new product in my local superdrug when it was first introduced, I had seen advertisements in magazines and loved the effect and at the time it was the only one of its kind on the market so it was a little expensive (to me who swears by MUA £1 nail varnishes) but I thought it would be worth it.

Colour
I understand now its been out a while, as with most products cheaper versions are available in lots of different colours which is nice but I've only ever bought one, the Barry M original black. I was a little disappointing at the time because i felt limited as to what colours I could put under it, I wanted the best possible effect so I chose a hot pink colour

Application
I must admit it took a while for me to perfect the art of applying this nail varnish, do not be fooled it is not as easy as it looks. I have a habit when applying varnish of stroking the brush across my nails a few times to spread the liquid evening however you mustn't do this, the cracked effect will only work if there is one layer. Also you have to get the thickness of that one layer perfect which is not easy either! If you do get it right I must say it looks fab but for me two out 3 times I just couldn't get it right!

A final note
For some reason my bottle went 'off' much quicker than any other nail varnish i've had before, I didn't ever leave the lid of and i didn't use it excessively so I don't know why it went sticky so quickly and I was disappointed. I did like the effect I got when I applied this nail varnish correctly but not enough to have went back for another bottle.

• Alyson29 published 24/03/2012
    I love this and have it in a few colours x
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 23/03/2012
    This sounds a bit tricky to use, which is a shame!