Review of "Barry M Instant Nail Effects"

published 05/01/2012 | diamondblush
Member since : 07/07/2011
Pro cheap to buy, makes nails stand out and look funky
Cons need a quick steady hand
Chips Easily?
Features

"WoW Nails!"

I was going on a friends hen night last month, we booked a limo and went out for a posh meal and then clubbing and stayed at the Hilton hotel. As you can imagine it turned out to be a rather expensive night out. I usually like to treat myself to getting my nails done professionally for big nights out which are rare for me. As I already knew it was going to be a expensive night out I decided to save myself £15.00 and do my nails myself.

I went to superdrug to buy a new nail polish as all mine were old and dried out, I came across the Barry M nail effects nail varnish range and decided to give it a try as I knew it was the latest trend. It cost £3.49 for a bottle and is also available on Amazon for around the same price.

The bottle is shaped like any other nail varnish bottle, it also has a screw lid which is easy enough to open and close. The applicator is a standard multi bristle brush. The lid has a gold design of a crackled pattern this is the effect produced by the nail polish.

To start with you need a base nail polish it can be any colour that takes your fancy I choose purple as it complimented my dress I was wearing out that evening. I applied to coats of my chosen base polish, I tried to be as neat as possible for a better finish and you have to let it dry completely before beginning the next step.

My next step was to apply the barry m nail effects polish, I bought the black colour but they also have a blue and pink aswel. you have to be extreamley quick and neat at applying this coat as you only get one chance to make a good job of it, you brush it on over the nail trying not to put to thick a coat on or over lap the polish as it starts to separate and crackle as soon as its applied.

The final step is optional but I feel it creates a much more sophisticated look, I apply a clear top coat layer or 2 just to make the look stand out more and look glossy. The results are amazing and look professional too, you are finished with a cracked effect, you can see your base colour underneath and a cracked black coat on top.

I love the look it creates and adds glamour to any outfit, I would not wear it everyday as its a bit over the top for me but feel its perfect for a night out or to a wedding. It was easy to apply even if your like me and not very good at applying nail varnish. I have now bought the pink one as I was so impressed with the results. It excellent value for money compared to some basic nail varnishes and would save you an expensive trip to a beauty salon. It took me less than 15 mins to do both hand and I highly recommend it to young and mature ladies.

Check out you tube as they have some amazing videos of the different results you can get using different base colours, its quite impressive so if you have a spare 5 mins check it out.

Summary: super cool nails

My review is also posted on dooyoo under my username of (jemzharryskye)

• catsholiday published 05/01/2012
    This is fun for a change I agree
  • chilcott1 published 05/01/2012
    I agree, this is great for special occasions - well reviewed