Review of "Batiste Dry Shampoo Fruity & Cheeky Cherry"

published 28/11/2014 | Lily_AnnM
Member since : 13/07/2014
Go fund me, please!! http://www.gofundme.com/ldrproblems
Pro Smells lovely, cheap, good value for money, easy and simple to use.
Cons None for me.
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Don't wash your hair everyday!"

Batiste Dry Shampoo Fruity & Cheeky Cherry

Batiste Dry Shampoo Fruity & Cheeky Cherry

Dry Shampoo?

Listen, if you have medium length hair, long hair or just... Hair? You do NOT need to be washing it every single day. Why? Because it can damage the hair and dry it out; The natural oils from greasy hair actually help restrengthen the hair follicles (Some scientific talk inserted here) which help hair grow. Anyway, long story short, hair needs to have a bit of a break from being shampooed in the shower everyday. So, instead of having to put hair in to a pnytail or hide it under a hat (Which are not allowed at work places or college in lessons) use dry shampoo!

I have used MANY dry shampoos in the past, as I tend to wash my hair every 2 or 3 days depending on what I have planned. By the third morning yes, my roots feel a bit greasy and so my fringe doesn't mold in to what is my normal, fresh and washed fringe. Applying a tiny bit of talcum powder used to be my Plan B in a morning but it is rather awkward to apply talcum powder as it goes everywhere. All dry shampoos are basically used the same way, spray it and shuffle your hair up a bit. It does help the roots suck up a bit of the spray and dry out, leaving the grease out of it.

How to use

As the instructions state on he back of this particular bottle and mostly on any box or bottle you buy, it says: A quick burst revitalises hair and removes any excess oil. Hair feels gorgeously clean and fresh with added body and texture.
Shake vigorously before using it. Keep nozzle at about 30 cm from hair and spray into roots. Massage through with fingertips. Brush and style.

So basically, imagine your roots being your armpits and your putting deodorant on. Except you have to blend the deodorant in, I guess?
Okay, nevermind, don't imagine that.

Keep a good distance between bottle and roots though, because if you do put the bottle too close to the roots it will just end up white and rather difficult to blend into your hair and style it properly.

Batiste, particularly

Well, Batiste do sell different dry shampoos but I went for the fruity & cheeky because well, c'mon. It smells lovely (cherry!) and it isn't all sweet and innocent, I'm a bad girl!
(Or not)

To be completely honest, this is the best dry shampoo I have ever used, personally, I prefer it to all the others. My mother disagrees, but I'm perfeectly happy with this one. It also keeps the smell lingering, so after a few hours you can still kind of get a hint of cherry smell. It's lovely, guys!

My only complaint wouldbe the mess they leave, but that's for all dry shampoos. When spraying into the roots and then massaging in to the scalp, a little bit of white "dust" (spray) sometimes shakes off and ends up all over my floor, carpet, clothes, arms, etcetcetc!! It's horrible, but you can't do much about it I'm afraid.

Price and Availability

You can purhcase any dry shampoo at any supermarket, chemist, beauty stores, drugstores, anywhere really. Batiste is one of the most popular ones amongst all stores too, so you won't have a problem buying it. Boots, Superdrug, Tesco's, Sainsbury's, ASDA and others. It will range from 1.99 to 3.99 depending on what sized bottle you purchase, where and if there is offers.

Recommend

Yes, I definitely recommend!
I posted two pics of my bottle (front and back) just so you guys know which one to purchase for your Mrs or you girls know which one to get. Trust me, you will NOT regret it!!

• AnneLorraine1 published 17/01/2015