charlsays... 5

charlsayslol

About me: I want to post and rate more reviews than I am but am very busy!

Member since:01.03.2006

That Wild, Unplaceable Scent

30.04.2012 (01.05.2012)

Advantages:
Smells nice, as good as other varieties of Batiste, makes greasy hair look nice again

Disadvantages:
None

32 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. char2011
  2. Dentolux
  3. MarcoG

Most of you will agree, that every person hates something about his or her appearance. While for some people it is spots, weight, wrinkles or whatever, the thing that bothered me the most about how I looked was my hair. I used to love the way it was cut (a bit past shoulder length, with choppy layers and a feathered shorter bit at the front), but it would only take a couple of hours after washing it before my hair would start to show signs of going greasy again. This was mainly a problem at the front of my hair, where it was shorter, and due to being next to my face, it would get greasy from my skin much more quickly. Whereas this wouldn't bother many people, it really annoyed me, as it not only made me look less attractive, I could constantly see it myself and couldn't forget about it. Short of washing my hair constantly, there was nothing I could really do to avoid it, so I let my hair grow to all the same length and kept it away from my face when possible, and while it stopped going greasy as much I didn't like the general appearance of my hair.

That is, of course, until I discovered Batiste. I decided to risk it, and got my hair cut back to how I liked it, and after hearing great things about Batiste's dry shampoo, hoped that my greasiness problems would be over. I hoped that with this spray I could clean just the affected part of my hair quickly, without having to have a shower and restyle my hair all the time. Even now that I have longer hair (havenít had it cut in a couple of years now, so itís about boob length) and have fewer problems with my hair going greasy quickly, I still find dry shampoo indispensable on days where I have no time to wash my hair or when itís starting to show signs of grease.

Batiste Dry Shampoo

Batiste dry shampoo is a spray of a white and powdery substance, which, once sprayed onto the hair, removes most traces of grease from the hair, leaving hair looking shiny and clean once it has been brushed out. I found it easy to spray it directly onto the area that I wanted to de-grease, and as long as I brushed it thoroughly, no traces of the white powder were left behind in my hair (though I would always recommend checking to make sure before you leave the house!). I mainly used to use this on the front portion of my hair, so I had to close my eyes while spraying it to avoid getting it into my eyes, but it was easy to do, and the spray caused no reactions on any part of my head, thankfully. Now I donít really have a side fringe and so only use it on my roots and the results have been similar. These dry shampoos really work and although they are not an alternative to washing your hair traditionally in the long run, they are great if you donít have time or canít be bothered to wash your hair for a day or two longer than normal.

Batiste Wild

Batiste dry shampoo comes in several different varieties, with new ones being brought out every now and then. Iíve probably tried all of them at some point, apart from the ones with a hint of colour, as they donít make one for my hair colour. While I tend to keep going back to my original favourite, the coconutty Tropical variety, I also like to try out the newer scents as I often do like them as well, and itís nice to have a change. This ĎWildí variety as well as a cherry flavoured one were released recently, and after trying and really liking the latter, I decided to give this one a go.

Unlike some of the other scents, such as the two Iíve mentioned, ĎWildí isnít particularly sweet. Nor is it floral, like ĎBlushí. It definitely does have a fragrance, unlike the ĎOriginalí variety, but I canít quite put my finger on what it is. After trying it for about the fifth time, it occurs to me that itís akin to the smell that The Body Shopís cocoa butter products have, but thatís not exactly it either. Whatever it is, itís pleasant and I definitely like it, but itís also not as fresh or delicious smelling as Blush, Tropical or Cherry. Based on the smell, I would happily buy it again if my favourites werenít available, but I wouldnít prioritise it.

Smell aside, this dry shampoo works just as well as any of the others Iíve tried (except for the XXL one, which was awful, but thatís another story). After spraying it on and brushing it out, my hair looked nicer and brighter and less greasy, which is all that you can really ask for as thatís all itís meant to and needs to do.

Conclusion

Batiste Wild is another great dry shampoo and a nice addition to the collection. If any of you know what itís meant to smell like or if you have worked it out yourself, please let me know, but it is nice, whatever it is. At £2.99 for a 200ml canister (Boots), itís the same price as the other varieties, and Iíd say that this is reasonable for what is such a handy beauty item to have. Unlike Original, Tropical and Blush, it isnít available in a 400ml canister, which works out a bit cheaper per ml at £4.99, but perhaps if it becomes particularly popular it will be. Either way, this is highly recommended for anyone who ever gets greasy looking hair and would like to have a quick fix when a proper wash is an inconvenient option.

dahlin 30.04.2012 18:06

I wish this worked for me, but I think my hair's just too fine :( x