Review of "Baumatic F100.2SS"

published 11/06/2015 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
♬ •♩ All we need is rates!! •♩ Everybody!!•♩ All we need is rates!! ♩ •♬
Pro It was quick and easy to install, works well and looks good.
Cons Very noisy on high speed
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"A stylish looking hood that does the job at a great price."

100cm Built In Chimney Cooker Hood

Introduction

Over two years moving into our cottage we have almost got it to how we want it, the previous owners had not been very sympathetic to the age and structure of the cottage and we had to spend a lot of money putting it right!
My main concern was getting the kitchen how I wanted it, while I wanted to keep the charm of a country cottage I wanted a practical, attractive and efficient kitchen. The previous owners had an old and VERY dirty cooker hood that looked like it would throw out more dirt and grease that it extracted. What I really wanted was a stainless steel ‘chimney;’ type cooker hood but thought that it would be completely out of our budget.
However I was able to pick up my sleek and shiny Baumatic chimney cooker hood from the co-operative Electrical site for just less than £120 (with a staff discount of 10%); it is this purchase that I am reviewing today.

The Cooker Hood

The cooker hood is extremely stylish, it is made of stainless steel and is very angular with sharp lines and manages to look modern and yet not out of place in our old cottage. The cooker hood features a stainless steel chimney and extractor fan so as well as looking good it helps to keep the kitchen grease and odour free. An added bonus is that it provides an efficient light over the hob via 2 halogen lights.
This hood is perfect for a range cooker as it will fit over cookers that are 100 cm wide or less. (It cannot be used over a cooker with a high level grill).
The height of the appliance is from 70 cm to 108 cm (you adjust it to suit your kitchen) it is 100cm wide and 50cm deep. The chimney section is 17cm x 22cm.
The hood has three speeds – low, medium and high – and is easy to control with the pushbutton control operation; the five buttons are an ON/OFF button, three speed selection buttons - low speed, medium speed and high speed and a light on/off button.
The hood comes with three washable aluminium grease filters and is extraction only (extraction capacity: 500 m3/hr) however if you want a recirculation system with the hood you can purchase a filter for recirculation from Baumatic as can a ducting kit for ducting outside.
My Opinion

My son in law is an electrician and fitted the hood for us; this seemed to be a very simple process and only took around an hour from start to finish. He said that it was very easy to install and that it didn’t need a trained electrician to do it.
The manual that comes with the hood was very easy to understand both for fitting, using and caring for the hood.
I was SO pleased with the look – it really looks a lot more expensive than it was, it is so easy to keep clean and gleaming. At around £140 this is a real bargain in my opinion (I was lucky enough to get mine for just less than£120 be as my daughter is the manager of a Co-op and gets 10% discount!!).
I find the hood to be very easy to use, however if you have it on the high setting it is extremely noisy. I really like the halogen lights, our cottage has very thick walls and rather small windows and so can be quite dark – these lights make a great job of lighting up the hob and surrounding area without putting the kitchen light on.
The performance of the hood is very powerful and perfect for extracting cooking odours, because it is so large it is perfect for taking away the grease and odours from other appliances – like a griddle or deep fat fryer – next to the cooker. The filters are very easy to access for cleaning (which need doing around every two weeks).
Two years on the hood still looks good and does a good job of clearing the air in my kitchen.

Cleaning and Maintenance

Before you use the hood the company recommend that you should put a stainless steel cleaner and polish on ALL of the stainless steel areas of your cooker hood, this will help to leave a silicone water-resistant film on the hood which will protect the surfaces.
As I said earlier the filters do need to be cleaned regularly otherwise it will affect the performance of the hood and could even be a fire hazard. The filters should be washed every 10 – 14 days; you remove the filters by pulling down on the handle, and pulling them away from the cooker hood. The filters must NOT be washed in the dishwasher but simply soaked in hot water with in washing up liquid for around an hour, and then rinsed thoroughly with hot water. Dry the filters and then re-fit them.
To clean the hood, always switch off at the main switch, then clean the external parts of the hood with a mild liquid detergent and a damp cloth. Never use abrasive powder, corrosive solvents or brushes as these can cause scratches to the surface and never try to clean the area above the grease filters.
Price and Availability

The RRP for the hood is £199.99 but is available a lot less in many places; here is a list of suppliers and prices as of 11/6/15:
• Amazon – from £130
• A.o.com-£131
• Curry’s -£131
• Co-operative electrics - £131.99
• Boots Kitchen Appliances £138

Contact Details for Baumatic Ltd

Baumatic Ltd., Baumatic Buildings, 6 Bennet Road, Reading, Berkshire RG2 0QX United Kingdom
Customer Care Telephone (0118) 933 6911
• spares@baumatic.co.uk
• technical@baumatic.co.uk
Website: www.baumatic.co.uk
In Conclusion

If you are looking for a chimney style cooking hood at a reasonable price you won’t go far wrong with this model. This does what it says on the tin, looks good and works well – just rather noisy on the high speed.

I give this product 4 Ciao stars because of the noise level on the top speed

• danielclark691 published 10/03/2017
    fan-tastic
  • jo-1976 published 14/06/2015
    Excellent consumer review x
  • alliewallie published 12/06/2015
    A brilliant review but I've run out of E rates today and need to stop promising the next days!!

offers "Baumatic F100.2SS"