Bausch & Lomb Lens Case

Bausch & Lomb Lens Case

This lens case is ideal for storing and carrying your contact lenses.

Review of "Bausch & Lomb Lens Case"

published 04/02/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Reviews : 2092
Happy birthday to me.
Good
Pro Simple design, slimline, affordable.
Cons Can be fiddly to access lenses, not a hygenic way to store lenses.
Price level
Why did you buy it?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Bausch and Lomb lens case."

Lens cases are ideal for those with weekly or monthly disposable contact lenses, but I am now a wearer of daily disposables and glasses. I find dailies to be much more hygenic, but the main reason for my use of them is that I don't wear them often. I have used weekly and monthly lenses in the past and my use of the Bausch and Lomb Screw Top Lens Case was during this period of time.

The Bausch and Lomb cases are quite slimline and more compact than the barrel style cases I have used in the past, but there are always positive and negative points with all products. Another positive is that each lens case uses just a small quantity of lens solution, meaning you can replace the solution each time and not get through a great deal of solution.

Each container has two seperate compartments to store the lenses seperately, and this means contamination is kept to a minimum. The seals of the screw top lids never failed me. The first obvious issue is hygiene. Using weekly or monthly lenses always carries its risks, you are also advised to clean the cases regularly and thoroughly and also replace them as often as is possible.

The slim profile of the case allows you to carry them discreetly and comfortably, the case also sits well on a flat surface for when you are applying them. The only other issue I can actually find with this product is that the compartments can be a bit fiddly to access for those with larger hands. The compartments can be difficult to retrieve lenses from, but overall I find them a better solution than other cases I have used in the past.

The lenses are available online and from some chemists at around the £1.50 mark each. I would recommend them, but there are always hygiene risks with lens cases and it is advisable to change the solution regularly.

• DanielFullard published 04/02/2012