Bazuka Extra Strength Gel

Bazuka Extra Strength Gel

Treatment to break down and remove verrucas, warts, corns and calluses.

Review of "Bazuka Extra Strength Gel"

published 21/03/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Worked for me
Cons None
Effectiveness

"Bazuka that verruca"

Bazuka that verruca

Touch wood I have not had a verruca for a while now but when I was swimming regularly I caught one now and again and they are really unpleasant. So, what exactly is a verruca? Well according to an article I read, "A plantar wart (also known as "Verruca plantaris") is a wart caused by the human papillomavirus occurring on the sole or toes of the foot. The verrucas I used to get were quite small but they were quite deep into the foot so when I walked on them they were really quite painful. I could feel like I was walking on a little stone or something but if you moved your foot in a funny way it almost pulled at the verruca and made it hurt and bleed a little bit.

The treatment I used was bazuka gel as thats really the only treatment I was aware of. They obviously did their marketing quite well as all I can remember from their television advertisements was bazuka that verucca so when the time came to look for a treatment to get rid of the verrucas the first one I went to was Bazuka.

Bazuka gel contains salicylic acid which softens the hard skin growth so it's easier to remove and it also helps kill the virus that causes verrucas so fingers crossed they will not come back as much and to be honest I haven't suffered with one for a while so it must be working.

This gel is very easy to use. Basically you just squeeze the gel out of the tube and apply it over the verrucas, you don't need very much to coat it and then you just leave it to dry. It forms a sort of little barrier that you can see and this is waterproof as well. I like to apply it overnight so I can just put socks on and don't have to worry about it. I can't quite remember how long I had to treat my last verruca but I do know it was within the recommended treatment stage as I did not need to seek further medical advice as it cleared up nicely. The verruca sort of soften and eventually I was able to pick it out, it was rather disgusting, it left a little hole in the bottom of my foot where it had been.

5g of this gel costs £6.99 and is a treatment I recommend.

• Coloneljohn published 31/03/2012
    Nice one. John
  • SpiderJamb published 21/03/2012
    I've never had a Verruca, and after reading your review, I never want one! :-)